Friday, March 27, 2009

Bionaire Febreze Scentstories


I fell in love with this one way before I could even find it in stores. I saw the commercials playing on TV advertising this thing that looked like a CD player, yet it didn’t play music, it played scents!

What a great and interesting concept! I couldn’t believe my eyes. I had to have one. HAD TO!
However when I discovered it in the store and realized it cost just as much as a hand held CD player I left it there on the shelf, I figured I would ask for it for Christmas or my Birthday.

However a week later Febreze must have been feeling generous, and handed out coupons for $10 off of this machine in the Sunday news.
I got my Febreze Scent Stories Air Purifier machine for only $20 that very same day.

Out of the box it reminded me of a larger hand held CD player. It is almost 10 inches long and 5 or 6 inches wide, about 3 inches tall. It easily fit right on my coffee table without looking like a sight for sore eyes.

It came with an ac adapter that plugs into any standard American outlet, and a scent disc (Exploring a Mountain Trail). Cool!

I plugged in the machine and removed the tin label that covered the scent disc, I opened the lid to the scent stories machine and popped in the disc and hit play.

There are 3 separate settings you can put your machine on. There is high, medium, and low. I usually always put mine on high because I want the scent to spread through the air faster.
You can also hit the play/next button again to move on to the next scent if you prefer.

The machine will play each of the 5 scents for 30 minutes. You get a grand total of two hours and thirty minutes of different scents.
You can turn it off though if you prefer not to let it run for the entire two and a half hours.

Each disc will release 50 hours of scent. So you don’t really have to be stingy on using them. You can buy refills or discs with different scents for $5 or less at WalMart.

WHAT MAKES IT WORTH MY MONEY?

For one each of the 5 scents on the disc (or any disc) has a unique scent and does not smell anything like the scent before it.

Secondly, scent stories does not take up a lot of room, and can easily fit on any coffee table you place it on.

Thirdly the scent quickly travels throughout the room, and the scent will remain even after the machine has turned off. It does not die out or disappear just because it turns off.

I’ve had it for nearly 2 years and I have not had an issue with it yet. It still works just as well as it did when I first bought it.

WHAT’S THE CATCH?

Well with any great product there always has to be a few things that makes it not so wonderful.

The Febreze Scent Stories Air Purifier works don’t get me wrong.

-However, when the scents change the scent playing before the change completely disappears from the air.
I know that’s not rocket science, but sometimes I would like to leave the house and come back having it smell like one particular scent.
Basically what I’m saying is that I wish there was a way to have it play on one particular scent. Perhaps a pause button so I could play just one scent continuously till I hit stop without having the machine change over on its own.
Yes, it’s a control issue I have. I want control!

-Another issue I have is not with the machine but with the scent stories discs. For one the different scents are usually always limited and it’s been awhile since I have seen a new scent hit the shelves. I want a larger variety.

As of now there are only 6 different available scent discs. It has been like that since I first bought my scent stories! Hello! Wake up and give us some change already!

-I don’t like how this machine buzzes. It’s not a loud buzz, but it is still there and can be annoying. I cannot have scent stories play while I’m about to lie down to bed.

-Another issue I have with the discs is that there always seems to be 2 scents out of 5 I enjoy on the whole disc. The rest are usually too weak and barely detectable unless I walk right up to the machine.

WHAT THE SITE SAYS ABOUT SCENT STORIES:

Enjoy the wonderful scent of candles without striking a match!
With six different interchangeable, scent-themed discs to choose from, you can create the atmosphere of places like a mountain trail or a tropical island right in your home.

(None of the discs ever reminded me of a candle- strange they would word it that way)

OVERALL

Even with its minor quirks it’s still a very good solid machine that does it’s job. It fills the air with a fresh new scent every half hour, and the scent will last throughout the room for hours.

RECOMMENDED?

Sure, its worth a purchase, but only if you manage to find it on sale or if you have a coupon. A cheap candle is just as effective as this machine. So like I said…
only if it’s on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment