Monday, March 30, 2009

Bodycology Foaming Bath and Shower Gel


Why I bought Bodycology Foaming Bath & Shower Gel is beyond me. It was one of those crazy shopping whims I seem to have when I can’t balance my needs from my wants. Especially when it comes to bath products.

I really didn’t need it, but because I was about to purchase the coconut lime Body Bar I felt I HAD to have the shower gel as well. I know, it’s a sick habit. I’m ashamed of myself. I have no self-control!

However for only about $4 I felt this purchase was a win, not only that the bottle came with a reasonable 17.2oz of product. You can’t beat that, especially when the scent happens to be coconut lime.

The lime in da coke you nut, song danced in my head and I happily went marching to the counter. Score! Mine!

IN THE STORE SCENT:

In the store it smelled delish! Coconut with a subtle hint of lime, it reminded me of the lime coconut products I have purchased at Bath & Body Works in the past, only Bodycology’s coconut lime was for a fraction of the cost.

HOW WELL DOES IT WORK?

Well, I used about a quarter sized amount on my shower puff, the product itself comes out of a push up cap, and is a pearly lime green in color. (It didn’t stain my puff though, and the color went to white once I got a lather going.)

I began the procedure of rubbing the puff around my body, and wow, wow, wow, this was a lather like no other, it was thick like foam (thus the name ‘foaming’ bath and shower gel) and it felt extremely moisturizing.

Just as I began to allow myself to enjoy the lather I realized something, it felt just like I was rubbing shaving cream all over my body.
Now because of this thought in my head (of rubbing shaving cream everywhere) I was sort of turned off by the whole feeling of it.

Hmm… it doesn’t smell like shaving cream though…sniff…sniff… wait…

‘Where is the smell’?

IN THE SHOWER SCENT…

That’s right, I could barely detect that I was using a coconut lime scented wash. The smell was barely detectable, I had to bring the puff to my face to get a slight whiff of the scent.
It was a faded, very, very faded lime scent. It sort of reminded me of extremely watered down suntan lotion. Bleh!

I rinsed off, and my skin felt like it still had the product stuck to it, almost like it had created a gelatinous layer of skin.
I felt disgusting, I had to reach for one of my Bath & Body Work 3 in 1’s to rid myself of this eel like layer that Bodycology’s foaming bath and shower gel caused.

Never again will I give in to a cheap whim like this. I will stick to my more expensive brands, even if it means taking a big dip into the wallet every now and then. This is nothing more than a knock off of Bath & Body Works lime and coconut scented products.

OVERALL: The scent is almost non-existent; it covers your entire body in what feels like a layer of eel skin, or a layer of slime after you wash it off.

It’s a mess just like the body bar. Avoid it, save your $4 for something better.

RECOMMENDATION: None. (Or eels)

HOW THEY MADE IT:

(but why they made it is another mystery)

Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramide DEA, Lauryl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glyceryl Distearate, Cocamide MEA, Laureth 10, Fragrance (Parfum), Quaternium 92, Aloe Barbadensis (Leaf Juice), Dipropylene Glycol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil(Sweet Almond), Honey, Sodium, Sodium Chloride, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyquaternium-10, Benzophenone 4, Disodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Blue 1, Yellow 5

No comments:

Post a Comment