Friday, September 3, 2010

Nicole by Opi, Pitch-Black Glimmer Nail Polish

I've been in major love with Nicole by Opi nail polishes these past few months. Whenever browsing my local Target I pick up a new color just about every visit. My last visit was no exception.

I spotted Pitch-Black Glimmer sparkling like a night fantasy on the shelf, and immediately knew I had to have it. The base color of the polish was black, but the shimmer residing within the base is what initially caught my eye. There are beautiful and very obvious micro flecks of silver glitter, but combined within this silver glitter I could spot beautiful eye catching hologram glitter flecks that gave off a nice shimmer of rainbow with every subtle movement of the eye.
In the bottle the color looked fantastic, and knowing from my own past experiences with Nicole by Opi, odds were it would look just as lovely on my nails as it did in its bottle.
My Use:

I have to say, Pitch-Black Glimmer is probably the very first nail polish I encountered by Opi that I was not all too fond of once I got around to using it.
I had to paint on 3 coats of the polish for there to be a full color coverage. Usually 1 coat is all I ever need when it comes to Nicole by Opi. Pitch-Black Glimmer however called for 3 coats, and still the cover was very lacking.
On the nails, the color also does not look as shiny and lovely as it does in the bottle. The black and silver coloring is basically all that shines through. The holographic rainbow like flecks of glitter barely shine at all.

All in all, I am not too happy with this particular color. Getting it off of my nails was a difficult task as well. The nail polish remover had a rough time removing the glitter from my nails, which was a pain in the butt.
Overall:
I do not care for this one, I would have liked the hologram shimmer to show up a lot more than it did. I will continue to by Opi products however, because this is just one bad egg in a bunch of other colors that look wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the color is gorgeous in the bottle, but the base color is not black--it's clear. Ugh. Definitely a disappointment!

    ReplyDelete