Monday, March 8, 2010

Rare Gold, Perfume for Women

I stumbled upon a bunch of new perfume bottles added to my mothers ever growing collection. She and I manage to pick up perfume for dirt cheap in old thrift stores and in Marshall's at prices that are so low it's incredible.

I noticed a plain little bottle, with a cute gold topper on it. After scooping it up and reading the small sticker at the bottom of the bottle, I learned that I was holding Rare Gold, a perfume made by Avon.

I have bought products from Avon years ago, and whenever I scooped up a bottle of their perfume, I never really liked it. It never smelled as the magazine described it. I assumed that Rare Gold would be another perfume of theirs I did not care for. Most of Avon's yellow colored perfumes were always harsh, smelled old, or overpowering to the point that it was unbearable.

I yanked off the top on the bottle and sprayed Rare Gold onto my wrist.

Immediately my senses were greeted with a lovely sugary musk scent, that reminded me of a freshly drawn bubble bath, and a powdery floral undertone that gave it an alluring and sweet sting.

I was surprised, I liked it. In fact I liked it a lot.

The Last:

With a scent as delicious and likable as this, I was hoping that the scent would stick around for awhile. I wanted it to wrap it's sweet musky florals in and out of my nostrils like an ocean wave crashing on the shore. Sadly many perfumes that smell fantastic or have a similar bubbly scent never last longer than a few short minutes.

Rare Gold however withstood the test of time, and I was able to recognize the scent on me for up to 2 hours till I no longer smelled it.

Those around me though were still complimenting many hours later, so it apparently lasts longer than the wearer is able to detect it.

Overall:

Rare Gold from Avon surprised me. It's a lovely feminine scent that is perfect for everyday wear. The sweet musky florals are also perfect for spring or summer seasonal wear.

All in all I would stamp 5 out of 5 stars onto Rare Gold. It's a winner.

Where To Buy:

I am not sure if Rare Gold is still being sold in Avon magazines, but you can locate it through online vendors, or Amazon for low prices in the $7.00- $10.00 category.



No comments:

Post a Comment