Monday, March 8, 2010

Review of Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Carnation Color

Now I am not much of a lipstick wearer, however in colder winter months I apply gloss and balms in order to keep my lips from chapping. During winter months I also tend to buy lipstick here and there just to add a moisturizing layer of color to my lips.

Recently I came across a new lipstick from Revlon called ColorBurst. Due to the fact that I am such a huge fan of Revlon ColorStay products, I figured their ColorBurst lipsticks would impress me just as much as their foundations do.

I had quite a selection of colors to choose from, but I went with Carnation, which showed the color to be a matte pink. On the swatch it was a pink that did not look too dark, or too pink. A color that I felt would be suited best for me. Unfortunately though, I was not able to open the lipstick to see the real color. We all know swatches cannot be trusted as far as colors go.

ColorBurst came in a really cute black tube, with the lipsticks color on the top in plastic. I hoped the color matched it.

The lipsticks were being sold for $7.69 each, and luckily for me, just as I was about to leave the makeup isle, I noticed on the out isle they had these exact same lipsticks packed in packs of 2. So I got 2 for the price of 1 which was nice.

My Use:

I did not wait to get home to try this one out. In the car I opened one of the tubes and twisted the lipstick up in order to see it. I was happy that the color resembled what I was expecting. That rarely happens, so it was a plus.

However, the color was way, way darker and hot pink in color than it looked. As soon as I swiped the color onto my lips I was surprised at how deep and pink it looked. It was a little over the top, and reminded me of a hot pink color that my sister used to wear in the big 80's.

I know the 80's fashions are back, but seriously hot near neon colors were never really flattering on women.

The lipstick also does not stick all too well. I took a sip from a soda can about 5 minutes after applying it, and noticed a lot of it had gone from my lips, to the can. The color however did remain, it's almost as if the lipstick stains your lips a little. It's not necessarily a bad thing though, because as the BAM in your face color fades out, the lips are left lightly touched with color.

With Revlon ColorBurst lipstick I would recommend blotting after applying. I usually don't blot my lipstick, but with a color that screams as loudly as Carnation does, I would recommend it.

I'd also recommend skipping out on this color entirely if you have fair skin. It looks decent on those with medium skin tones, but on very pale skin the color would over rule your face, and it would just look silly.

Overall:

I don't hate it. I like how it feels on my lips, it's light and slightly moisturizing, I just wish the color was not so bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment