Monday, May 2, 2011

Review of New CoverGirl NatureLuxe Liquid Silk Foundation in 330

I absolutely love being a member of BzzAgent, and love being able to try out products and then give my opinion to others based on my own experiences using the product. My most recent campaign was CoverGirl NatureLuxe, and up on the chopping block today is CoverGirl NatureLuxe Liquid Silk Foundation in 330.

The Color 330 is Chamois, and through the squeeze tube the color looked way to light for my normally semi tan skin tone. I was disappointed at how off it looked, but once I opened the foundation tube up, and squeezed some of it out onto my finger, I saw that it was actually darker than what showed in the small window on the outside of the tube.

Although it had a slight tannish coloring to it, it was still 3 or 4 shades too light for my liking. However I went ahead and tried it anyway to see how well it would work at hiding imperfections such as red acne marks or discolorations. If it was able to hide my flaws, I would use it as a base. If not, I would go out and try another shade...that is, if I liked how this felt on my skin, and how well it lasted and held up.

Flaw Eraser?

I have to say, I was impressed with the foundation and how well it spread evenly on my skin. It did not feel as silky as Estee Lauder's foundations though, which really do feel like silk on the skin. However considering the price difference between this and Estee Lauder, CoverGirl NatureLuxe Liquid Silk Foundation was holding up really well, and I liked how it felt. Light, weightless, and it did manage to hide redness and discolorations.
I use it as an under base now to my darker foundations, as CoverGirl NatureLuxe Liquid Silk Foundation hides my flaws better than my high end brands.

If you have a red pimple, or skin discolorations normally, then this foundation will definitely hide it.

But, Does It Last?

When I find a foundation I like, I stick with it and I more than likely will always have a tube of NatureLuxe Foundation on me due to how well it hides problem areas on my skin. If this foundation held all day I would buy it regularly, if not...it'd land a spot in the makeup junk draw.

I have semi oily skin, and when you have oily skin foundation tends to smudge around or fade faster. CoverGirl NatureLuxe Liquid Silk Foundation however stood put, and I did not have any foundation streaks or clumping, and it hid my problem areas all day long. Win!

I use it underneath my other darker shaded foundation, and it managed to stay put, all the while keeping imperfections hidden.

So yes, it does last, and it holds up just as well as a $30 high end brand of foundation. Win!

I have been using CoverGirl NatureLuxe Liquid Silk Foundation for about a week now, and have yet to have any issues with it reacting poorly with my skin. Basically, no breakouts. Win!
Overall:

If you are looking for a low cost foundation that will last just as well as a high end cosmetic brand, then definitely go ahead with CoverGirl NatureLuxe Liquid Silk Foundation. It hides imperfections, leaving you with flawless near airbrushed looking skin, with a lightweight natural feel.

2 comments:

  1. What a great review, I have been looking for a good cover up. As of right now I use exuvaince skin care and I love it, but I am always looking for a back up (in case mine runs out, which would be terrible!)But thank you so much for this review, it sounds like something else I would go out to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try your recommendation as well :)

    ReplyDelete