Monday, May 2, 2011

Blonde or Ronald Red? L'Oreal - Feria-#110 Starlet (Very Light Beige Blonde)

I have had hair disasters in my lifetime more times than I can count, and I knew that going from black into blonde would be a long and slow process. I was just a few steps away from achieving that perfect platinum, but ended up with Chucky and Ronald McDonald red instead. Bright, brassy, and horrendous.

I should have just used another kit of Frost and Glow to get the red out! I knew that, yet stupid me, I came across a box of dye that looked like it would get me that blonde color I was looking for even faster, and better. It promised to get those red lights out. I went ahead and $10.99 later and my hair is exactly the same red color only drier! Yay! Thank you L'Oreal - Feria-#110 Starlet (Very Light Beige Blonde)!!!!

Basically it did nothing but dry my hair out. I performed the strand test using some of the dye to see what would happen, because I worried about my red lights turning pink. I left it on one strand for 20 minutes and the shade did not change at all.

I figured maybe it was not working because I did not have enough solution in it, and that maybe it only would change with the hair piled on my head. Usually blonde bleaching dyes need to be piled on the top of the head, wrapped in a bag, and this heat process begins, once the heat is felt the color begins to quickly lighten.

So naturally, I added the rest of the dye, piled it up on my head, and placed a plastic bag over it. I felt some heat creation so I assumed it was working.

I let the dye sit for 20 minutes, and checked underneath the bag for color changes. I saw absolutely nothing, nothing but the same ugly red hair it had been since my last screw up.

I washed it out and used the included tube of conditioning cream hoping my hair would not dry out to Brillo.

Sadly that was what it did. It left my hair dry, brittle, and the color was absolutely unchanged. Nothing, money thrown down the drain, and more money to throw into products to attempt to bring my hair back to life. I have no idea why it did not take, nor lighten the hair even a few shades.

Overall:

For me L'Oreal - Feria-#110 Starlet (Very Light Beige Blonde) was a waste of money and a hair disaster. If you are looking to lighten your hair buy a box of frost and glow, and get the results you are actually looking for. All this one does is wreck the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment