Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Review of Lush Abombinaball, Bath Bomb

What stinks about being a lover of bath products from Lush, is the fact that we do not have an official Lush store anywhere within a 100 mile radius. It's frustrating because those of us whom do not have a Lush store are forced to either go without, or order products blindly on the Lush.com website.

While doing my yearly routine Lush.com shopping I came across a slew of new seasonal winter bath treats. Sadly you cannot smell a description through a screen.

When I spotted their Lush Abombinaball, Bath Bomb I knew this would be one I would want to try. The bomb displayed on the site features this blue and white squished near flat bath bomb, with an imprint of what appears to be the face of an abominal snowman. Eek!!!

By the overall look alone, it seemed to me that this bomb would have a minty, fresh, snowy like scent going on.

It took about a week to finally come in the mail, and when I finally had my package in hand I went ahead and used Abombinaball first.

The Scent:


The scent of this bath bomb dry reminded me of delicious chocolate grasshopper girl-scout cookies. A minty and creamy chocolate mix that just reminded me of the winter season. I hoped that when I plopped this one into a hot bath, that the scent would be just as scrumptious as it is when dry.

My Use:

I ran a hot bath, got in, and dropped in the Abombinaball. Immediately the bomb went to work, fizzing around and releasing a frothy white foam to the top of the bath water.

Quickly after foaming up the top layer of the tub, the bomb then began to release lovely deep denim blue coloring to the water. It reminded me a lot of Dragons Egg by Lush, which has a white outer shell, and a blue inside coloring that floods the bath water. The blue is the same, deep when releasing, but transforms to a gorgeous Caribbean sea aqua in the water.

I liked it, I liked it a lot.

The name of the bath bomb should have been icebergs though, because this is what this bath reminded me of a scenery you could only find in Antarctica. I had white mounds of bubbles at the surface of the water, and a beautiful blue aqua right below the mounds. It was sort of magical, and beyond relaxing.

The minty scent does not smell like grasshopper cookies in the tub, but it is definitely present, and more minty vanilla than anything. Your skin really feels the cooling tingly sensation that the peppermint gives off, a bath with Abombinaball is nothing short of relaxing, refreshing, magical, and fun.

Overall:

I have not had a new favorite bath bomb in quite some time now, but Abombinaball managed to steal the #1 slot for me. I could not recommend this one enough. It is not just a bath, but a total sense experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment