Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Review Newton's New Fruit Crisps


Are Newton's New Fruit Crisps Snacks Worth Trying?

-My review also on AC

Fig Newton's have been one of my favorite snacks for years. Since childhood I truly couldn't get enough of them. A delicious moist bite, with a gooey filling that no other snack cookie could replicate, Fig Newton's are delicious.

While doing my regular weekly routine shopping this week I came across something by Newton's that I had never seen before. In fact, I never saw anything by Newtons that was not a fig newton bar. To see a brand spanking new snack by the company was thrilling, and also unique.

They are called Newton's Fruit Crisps, and I had the option to buy them in an apple cinnamon flavor, or a Mixed Berry flavor. I'm an apple lover, so naturally I went with Apple Cinnamon.

The box comes with16 individually wrapped bars, and clearly the yellow color of the package matched up well to what one would expect from Newton's. On the package itself we get a sample of what we can expect from the Fruit Crisp's.

They are much flatter than regular fig newtons, and a large chunk of what appears to be ooey, gooey, apple cinnamon goodness is clearly seen inside of the bar. They looked good, but were pretty expensive at nearly $5.00 a box.

At home opening the box, and removing one of the bars I was surprised at how flat they really were. On the box they looked a bit thicker than what you really get, and each package contains 2 of the fruit crisps.

The outer shell of the crisps was exactly as one would expect. It tastes like a fig newton shell, only flattened and toasted. The inside had a very delicious apple cinnamon flavoring, but the filling definitely was not as thick as the box likes leads you to believe.

After munching on the apple cinnamon crisps though, I must say I was not disappointed. They tasted really good, with a perfect infusion of cinnamon and apples, with a sweet freshly baked pie zing to it. If anything I was surprised that such a bland looking bar packed so much realistic apple pie flavoring.

Most of all though, I didn't have to feel guilty about chewing down both of the bars. They are low in fat, and pack the same flavorful punch that one of those delicious mini apple pie snacks do by Hostess.

Overall:

I recommend them, Newton's Fruit Crisps in Apple Cinnamon are delicious; I do however wish that the price was lowered as I find the introductory price to be way over the top for what you are getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment