Monday, April 5, 2010

Review of Chanel Pink Lame Iridescent Eyeshadow

I love free things, and whenever my uncle comes out from the city he usually brings me bags and bags of unused freebie makeup products. Most of them are high end, so high end I wouldn't dare think of actually purchasing them, however whenever I get a high end product my first thought it awesome. My second thought is, I cannot wait to use this so I can let others know about it.


That product today happened to be Chanel Pink Lame Iridescent Eyeshadow.

Chanel Pink Lame Iridescent Eyeshadow comes in a standard Chanel compact. It's black, squared in shape, and has the official Chanel logo etched on it in white. Whenever he gives me Chanel products I never know what to expect inside, it's like the little black box, and whenever I open one I'm usually greeted with a neat surprise, or something icky I wouldn't even bother to use.

When I popped the top off of Chanel Pink Lame Iridescent Eyeshadow though I was pretty excited when I saw this weave of beautiful colors inside of it. It was unlike any other eyeshadow palette I have ever seen. When I say it was weaved, I meant it. There are beautiful hues of rose, gold, pink, and silver shimmered colors all blended in to create this odd basket like weave inside of the compact. It was so pretty that I actually felt bad about having to use it, I knew it would ruin the lovely art work that the eyeshadow was formed into.

Being a regular user of Pigment Powders though, I did not think I'd like this one too much. I don't care how expensive your eyeshadow is, nothing quite takes the cake like Pearl EX does.

Seeing that Chanel Pink Lame Iridescent Eyeshadow was free, and looked to be beautiful, there was no way I was not going to try it.

I used my regular eyeshadow brush, and applied the shadow to my eyelids. The colors really blend together beautifully, creating a lovely pink color, with hues of gold and silver that can be seen in different lighting. While you look at yourself head on in a mirror, you will gaze upon the lovely pink color, however if you tilt a little it to the right, the golden shimmer shines and illuminates the eyelid.

All in all, it's really gorgeous. It goes on like silk, and is very light in wear.

I loved the color, but I wondered if the eyeshadow would crease, or fade away with time. Pearl EX powders do not fade, and they only cost me $20 for a batch of 12.

Chanel Pink Lame Iridescent Eyeshadow comes to around $50.00 or more, and if it could not last long, there was no way I'd be recommending it.

However, Chanel Pink Lame Iridescent Eyeshadow did last long, and I did not experience any creasing whatsoever.

The main problem I have with this eyeshadow though is its price. Really ladies, you are paying for a name brand, because in my experience, Pearl EX works just as well, and you would get the exact same results if you were to mix silver, pink, and golden pigments together. They also last just as long, and cost way less.

If you are after being recognized for your Chanel compact, then go ahead and splurge, but if you would like the exact same results, while saving a heap of money, skip this and go with Pearl EX.
With the ridiculously high priced aside though, this eyeshadow is lovely. It lasts, does not crease, and allows you to easily create a very beautiful finish to your eyelids.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment