Monday, April 5, 2010

Review: One Natural Bath Fizzer, I Need This, Lemongrass Pick-Me-Up


Lemongrass Pick-Me-Up


Yesterday while browsing the specialty bath and body isle of my local Target I came across something that nearly caused me to pass out. These products sitting before me looked like something Lush would make, in fact you would think an ex employees from their company decided to branch out and start a company all their own.
They are called One, and they have up for grabs a heap of natural goodies that is going to thrill bath junkies who do not have the luxury of having a Lush nearby.

Personally Lush is a favorite of mine, but seeing that I have to order all of my Lush online, and pay a hefty shipping fee, and wait a week for it to arrive to my door; my orders on Lush became less and less frequent. Now with One so easily accessible at my local Target, I figure I won't have a reason to head back to Lush! That's right! Move over Lush, One is in town!

I grabbed every single product that was available on the counter.

Up on the chopping block today is One Natural Bath Fizzer, I Need This, Lemongrass Pick-Me-Up.

It comes in a cute b100% recycled cardboard tube. It feels like luxury, and I had a hunch I would pay a luxurious price for it. At 6.3 ounces, the bath fizz came to $5.99, which is a bit steep, but the usual price that I paid for many of my Lush bath bombs.

The one thing I did not like about the bath fizzer was how it was packaged. The cardboard tube it is packaged in comes with an open window, and it was sort of disgusting knowing people could just shove their fingers into the bath bomb. They also do this with their soaps, which I suggest they stop doing because the soap in the store, smelled wonderful, but deterred me due to the nasty fingerprints indented in it.

Anyhow, with that said, the bomb was also a little difficult to remove from the tubing. Once it was removed, sitting before me sat a big bath bomb. One half of the bomb is a medium toned blue, while the other half is a teal green color. The bomb comes split in 2, giving you the option to save one half for another time. I don't suggest doing this though because each half of the bomb comes with its own benefit. All in all though, the bomb itself is rather pretty, and reminded me a lot of one of the bombs Lush makes.

The scent I was able to smell right through the package. It has a really nice lemongrass scent, with an uplifting citrus like zing. I liked it a lot, and I hoped that when I popped the bomb into my bath the scent would multiply in deliciousness.

My Use:
I ran a bath, got in a popped in the light colored half of the bomb. I allowed it to fizzle, and waited to see if the bomb did anything to my bath water.

Most bath bombs silken and soften water, but this half of the bomb did nothing to the water but add scent. There was no silkening or softening of my water. It did however have a pretty nasty scent that I hated. It smelled like I had just washed my dog in the tub, you know that nasty mucus like slimy dog stink that dogs leave behind in the tub when you drain it- yeah, that bad.

I hoped adding the dark teal side of the bomb would fix this issue, so I plopped it in the water. I was happily relieved to see the bomb giving off a beautiful Caribbean blue color, which changed the waters color in the tub. I really loved it, it reminded me so much of my last vacation to the Bahamas, with the clear blue emerald colored waters.

This particular bath fizzer side seemed to loosen out the nasty wet dog fur feeling, and what I was left with was a nice mild citrusy scented Caribbean colored bath.
Unfortunately the only thing the bomb has going for it, is the color change that the water takes on. The scent is not long lived, and for the money I spent I was hoping for a little more zing to it.

All in all, I loved the color of my water, but the bomb did not soften water, it did not moisturize my skin, nor did it have a strong enough lemongrass scent. Everything was mediocre, and not worth the price.

I will continue to try products from One, but I hope they don't fail me like this One, I Need This Bath Fizzer.




No comments:

Post a Comment