Monday, April 5, 2010

Review of Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre

Normally $60.00 is not a price I would spend on a finishing powder. I have used quite a lot of different finishing powders, and my favorite still is Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder. This powder keeps me looking oily, but it requires a touch-up here and there throughout the day in order to keep shiny away.

When I was given a free tub of Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre, Natural Finish Loose Powder, I was excited to see how it would work. I had heard good things about this one, such as how well it works on those with combination oily/dry skin. My skin is like a labyrinth. Sometimes it is dry and parched looking, other days oily and greasy looking. You never really know what you are going to get, and cosmetics act in the same way with skin types like mine. One day it will work wonders, and another day it seems like a whole new product, an awful one.

So I'm always endlessly searching for the correct product for my skin type.

Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre came in the standard tub I would expect a Chanel cosmetic to come in. A small black plastic compact, with a twist off cap. Inside you have a tub with a plastic seal and holes popped into it. You have to shake the tub in order to release the powder. Before doing this though, remove the white applicator pad.

Once you do that, just dip in the included white sponge pad, and apply the loose powder to your face.

I did all that after applying my makeup first. You don't want to put a loose finishing powder on prior to doing your makeup!

After applying my usual coat of foundation, I then dabbed a bit of the Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre onto the areas on my face where I get oily shiny skin by mid-afternoon.

The powder goes on really silky, and does not leave behind a dusty layer. It covered my oily area with a flawless light finish that was natural and blended well with my normal skin tone.

All in all it was like a quick wisp of an airbrush. The results were nice, and I was impressed.

Last:

So just because the immediate results were marvelous, that does not always mean that the product is long lasting.

As far as Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre is concerned, this powder does last for quite some time, but I did notice that by the afternoon I needed to do a quick touch-up on my forehead. The touch-up was, quick, and easily done, but annoying nonetheless' especially considering how pricey this powder is.

All in all though, I liked how it finished my skin. It also did not accentuate fine lines, or give me a dusty zombie coating on my skin like many other finishing powders do.

Overall the powder is really good, and if you have the money I would suggest it. I still prefer my $9.00 compact of Dream Matte Powder, but if I were to run out, I would pick this one up and use it instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment