Monday, April 5, 2010

Review Of: One Natural Lotion Massage Bar: Oh My Gosh!


Melts the Stress Away


Last night while in my local Target I came across a slew of brand new bath and body products. I was so excited about these products that I added everything that they had to offer, straight into my cart. I was not messing around. The products that got me so excited were a heap of natural products by a company called One.

The reason I grabbed everything on the shelves was because this One company reminded me Lush, and due to the fact that I live nowhere near a Lush store, I was thrilled to find these products by One.

In my cart sat a lotion massage bar called Oh My Gosh! This lotion massage bar reminded me so much of Lush's massage bars, everything about it, right down to the added beans inside of the massage bar reminded me of Lush. But the best part about it, is that it isn't Lush, it's a brand new company, and I have a pretty good feeling One is going to give Lush a run for the money.

At any rate, Oh My Gosh! comes packaged with the massage bar, and a tin for you to save your massage bar in.
It is shaped somewhat like a large flat egg, allowing you, or a partner to get a good grip on the bar. It has small red colored beans in the upper part of the massage bar. These are added for texture.
The one thing that threw me off however was that on the One website, they have this particular massage bar paired with the wrong package, so I suggest they fix that before people get confused. Either that, fire someone over at the factory for boxing all of them in the wrong box.
The Scent:

Oh My Gosh! smells really fantastic. It has a soothing vanilla menthol type scent to it that is just delicious! It reminded me of cinnamon vanilla.

Use:

I had my boyfriend rub the massage bar around my back when I got home. I have been sick for about a week now, and I knew the minty tinge the massage bar has would open up my sinuses and provide some soothing relief to sore and tired muscles.

While he picked the bar up and rubbed it around my back, he complained that it was melting in his fingers. This is normal, as massage bars are supposed to begin to melt on contact with your skin.

As he rubbed it around I noted a lovely warming sensation that was really, really nice, and not expected at all. I was imagining with the scent it had, it would have given off a cooling sensation, and instead I got a nice warming sensation.

After he was finished rubbing it around my back the cooling sensation began to set it, but was short lived. I didn't mind, because I don't like cooling sensations on cold rainy days anyway.
As far as relieving my sore tired muscles, I'd have to say that the relief came about only when the bar was touching my back. Once the massage ended, the warming sensation ended with it. Left behind on my back, there was a bit of residue, but the feeling was smooth and comforting, not greasy or messy like I was expecting.

I allowed the lotion to remain on my back for the rest of the night. I woke up and most of it had absorbed, leaving no irritation or break outs to the skin.
All in all, I really liked the massage bar. I do hope that it was packaged correctly, and that the website has it backward, because I plan on buying this one again and again, and I'd be a little annoyed to find that I reviewed the wrong bar due to the mix up.



No comments:

Post a Comment