Friday, December 9, 2011

Where to Buy Clothes like Victoria & Jade on Victorious

I cannot even lie, the teen show on Nickelodeon, Victorious, is not one of my newer favorite shows. I have always had a warm spot in my heart for teen/high-school TV shows like this. I guess it was due to my love for shows like Saved By The Bell, and 90210, back in the 90's.

However I even knew back in the 90's that the clothing my favorite characters wore were hideous. When it comes to the clothing styles I see on Victorious though, I find myself pondering where the main characters get some of these outfits! Victoria in particular may have very well started the open shoulder tee-shirt/layering trend, and I have to say I love it! It is flattering on just about every body type, and makes larger hips look thinner. Go figure!

Then you pop Jade into the mix, with her ripped up, chain/zipper emo look; which although may a be a bit much for me, I still like it, and have found myself wondering where I could get clothes that matched some of Jade and Victoria's style.

Finding clothes to match Victoria and Jade though was not easy. I figured it would be though, and boy was I wrong. Figuring out what to call their style was difficult for me, as I am not up to teen lingo. However I knew I wanted shoulder tee's, which seem to be what Victorious characters wear in every episode.

My first search took me to Ebay, and I seriously suggest anyone who is looking for longer shirts to layer to check out some styles available on there.

Search terms you will want to look up on Ebay:

-Punk Tee
-Punk shirt
-Rock Tee
-Rock Shirt
-Long sweater
-Bat Wing Shirt
-Bat wing sweater
-Over shoulder tee or shirt
-Shoulder tee or shirt
-Hole shirt
-Star shirt
-Over-sized Tee or Shirt
-Chain shirt
-Zipper shirt
-Patch shirt
-Leggings
-Zombie leggings
-Mummy leggings
-Star leggings
-Double shirt or tee
-Layer shirt

Basically you need to search things in a broad way, as you cannot just stick to searching for clothes like Victorious. You will end up with shirts with her face on it instead.

Other really neat websites besides just Ebay include TooFastOnline, or Hot Topic, which sell an array of very neat over the shoulder tee's like Victoria wears, only with a more monster-ish vibe, like Jade would wear. It's like a mix of both girls, and the clothes are adorable.

Anyhow, with an idea of what to search for, you can spend hours figuring out what you want. The next thing, after buying your shirts and pants is deciding how to go about layering your shirts.

I like using a black plain undershirt, and wearing a semi- but not too baggy tee-shirt over it. This gives me the look I want, a layered look.

Bat wing tee-shirts and sweaters can be layers underneath as well, with any color you see fitting.

Layering long sleeved shirts with short sleeves is all the rage right now, as well as simple over the shoulder tee's with fun graphics, or zippers and patches to really dress up the look. Many shirts will come with them sewn in. If you find them to be too pricey, you could easily add your own to basic women's shirts. Get creative, it's fun, and easy, and even if you mess up, it's still stylish.

When it comes to pants, leggings are very in this season, as well as tight jeans with a small flare. Victorious is legendary for the slim jean, and black leggings.

Black leggings will match anything, but for those more daring they have an array of cool leggings with designs from skulls to hearts. The choice is yours. A pair of leggings, paired up with layered tee's is really all you need to get Victoria's look on Victorious. Long necklaces and larger rings to dress up the look, and you are done.


2 comments:

  1. haha i also love the series (even if it only started with babysitting my little brother and watching nickelodeon together)
    i like their outfits, too :)

    ReplyDelete