Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hair Dye Overdose Damage? Repair it with Fekkai Shea Butter Damage Protecting Hair Mask

I normally wouldn't spend over $20 on hair repair products, but over the past month while attempting to dye red tones out of my hair, into blonde ones, I finally went to far. I call it hair dye overdose, and with 4

color treatments in less than a month, my hair finally began to fight back...with frizz and dry brittle texture. I deserved it, but there was no way I was letting it be. I had to fix it, and I knew spending money on nourishing treatments would be the only way to restore my hair.

When it comes to Fredric Fekkai products, I always ignored them because I was never appealed by their product packages. It looked overpriced, and cheap all in one. However when I came across Fekkai Shea Butter Damage Protecting Hair Mask, and read the promises on the back of the tube, I figured maybe it would be worth trying out. Then I saw the price tag, $21.00. Youch!!! Just as I was about to set it back on the shelf and go over and purchase some Queen Helene, which seemed to be the same gunk in a bottle, I popped the top and smelled it.

I bought it solely based off of the wonderful heavenly musk like fragrance. Heck, if it didn't improve my hair, it sure would leave it smelling like slices of heaven. So $21.00 later, I headed home and went ahead with my first Fekkai Shea Butter Damage Protecting Hair Mask session.

I wet the hair and applied the cream into the hair once it was damp, and no longer dripping. The cream is sort of hard to work with, just like Queen Helene's Cholesterol treatment. It is thick, semi gross feeling, and hard to distribute evenly through the hair.

I used a lot, enough to cover my whole head, and unfortunately this tube was small, and I ended up using nearly half of it for one treatment.

I set a plastic bag over my head, and let the formula do its magic. It says to leave it on for around 20 minutes. I left it on for 30 minutes and then rinsed.

Rinsing was troublesome, as the hair felt very weighed down and greasy. I hoped that I got it out enough, because I did not want my hair to look or feel greasy after I tried to style the hair into a straight look with my straightener.

Results:

In love!!!

I was not expecting Fekkai Shea Butter Damage Protecting Hair Mask, to repair my hair as quickly as it had. The dry feeling was gone, and the formula did not leave my hair greasy or weighed down. The scent unfortunately did not stick around though, but my hair was finally back to a normal manageable condition, shiny, and frizz free.

Recommendation:

 
My hair was in really bad condition, burnt looking, and I could not apply any heat tools to it without it crinkling up and looking fried. Fekkai Shea Butter Damage Protecting Hair Mask restored it, and I can now use heat tools again, and my hair looks and feels great.

I used it a second time the very same week, and the results got even better. I'm just glad I decided to take the pricey plunge with this one, because it worked better than expected. To anyone out there looking to quickly restore health back to your over processed locks, definitely give this one a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment