Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Will Hair Really Lighten Using John Frieda, Sheer Blonde Shampoo?

I have been trying to lighten my hair up into a nice bright blonde, and the battle has been difficult because I was coming from black to blonde, and knew that this long journey to achieving blonde hair again would be

troublesome, and harmful to the health of my hair.

Once I was finally at a lighter shade that I liked well enough, I noticed there was too much red going on in the mix. I wanted to lighten these red tones out without having to put my hair through another harsh treatment of bleach.

I had no idea that there was a shampoo that could lighten hair gradually, and I was using Sun In prior to this discovery by John Frieda. As much as I loved the slow gradual results Sun In was giving me, I hated the scent and the drying feeling. I came across a package kit of John Frieda Sheer Blonde products, which included shampoo, conditioner, and a lightening spray.

It promised to lighten my hair with each shower, and the promises sounded perfect. Nothing harsh, and gradual lightening which would be easier than Sun In. Up on the chopping block today is the John Frieda Sheer Blonde Shampoo.

The tube that the shampoo comes in is rather small compared to other shampoo bottles I have used. This one comes in a squeeze tube that resembles a small tube of lotion. Tiny, it will not last too long, considering how long my hair is.

The Scent:

The fragrance in John Frieda Sheer Blonde Shampoo is not all too wonderful. I can actually smell the same fragrance in it that Sun In gives off, and I began to wonder if I just got yanked. Was this stuff nothing more than some Sun In formula added to some shampoo. Clever indeed, but seriously, I spent quite a number of bucks on this set.

Texture and Lather:

The texture of John Frieda Sheer Blonde Shampoo is semi gritty feeling once I began to lather it up in my hair. It's thick too, and working up a lather takes some work because it does not spread to easily at first.

I noticed while working it into a sudsy lather that it was instantly making my hair feel dry.

After washing it out, my hair was left feeling just as dry, and aching for some moisture. I paired it up with the John Frieda Sheer Blonde Conditioner, and my hair slightly had some moisture to it, but it still did not feel all too manageable. I had to add some of my own Nexxus conditioner to make the hair feel softer and silky. It seemed to work well enough,

Results:

Not a shade lighter at all, and I used it as directed, in conjunction with my flat iron and the color still remained the same.

The second time using the products again, I finally saw subtle change. However the red lights just looked more orange.

I'll continue to use it till it is gone, and I hope that my hair gets lighter, and not more orange in color. The problem is, you will need to use some sort of leave in treatment after using this shampoo, as it does dry the hair out.

All in all, this shampoo could work, but if you have red lights or an orange tint to your blonde hair, it will only make it look brighter in reddish tones.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to totally disagree with you on every single point but my experience was totally opposite of yours. Maybe because I started with very healthy hair that I wanted to lighten just a shade or two is why I am so pleased with the product. After one shampoo my hair looked like I had spent a day at the beach. It has a rich and easy lather that makes my hair feel very clean without any dryness. I also use the conditioner and it adds to the lighten action and makes my hair manageable and shiny. I have been using the product since September of 2011 and my hairdresser says the product is good for my hair and loves the shades of blond that have developed in my hair. As far as cost, it is very inexpensive at just $5.50 each for 8.45 ounces for the shampoo and the conditioner. It is hard to keep blond hair shiny since light color does not reflect light as well as darker shades but my hair is shiny and in excellent shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY hair is black how the hell can i deal with that

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hair must be less porous - I hear this can be the reason as to why color won't take

    As for winuki... a salon can bleach your hair, but it looks beautiful as it is!

    ReplyDelete