Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Will It Whiten Teeth? Luster White 7 Toothpaste - Power White Formula

About 2 months ago I fell in love with Colgate Pro Clinical, as it managed to whiten my teeth just as well as expensive white strips. When coming to the near end of the tube I figured I would just go out and buy another one. Unfortunately 2 stores later I came up empty handed, and began to wonder if I made the entire thing up. No! It exists, but apparently it works so well, the supply is lower than the demand.

With the tube nearing its end, I knew I needed to buy something, so I went with Luster White 7 Toothpaste - Power White Formula, and honestly I bought it solely based on the product package and appearance. It looked fancy, looked like something that would work, and it was a bit more pricey than the standard tubes of toothpaste. Classy packaging, higher price tag- oh yeah! I had a hunch this would work well.

Sadly it appears that I spent the top dollar on nothing more than a fancy package, and a small tube of toothpaste.

You see the package here is fancy, and unlike any other you will find down the toothpaste isle. Luster White 7 Toothpaste - Power White Formula comes in a plastic package, with a small tube of toothpaste residing within. It looks cool, but it's mostly shelf eye candy.

The Texture and Taste:

The texture of Luster White 7 Toothpaste - Power White Formula, is very different from standard pastes. This one is a smooth silkier like texture, that actually feels more like I was brushing my teeth with mint medicated flavored lotion.

It's not a horrid experience, but it does not really leave your breath or teeth feeling all that clean.

Did It Whiten?

Nope. I have been using it 2 times a day for over 2 weeks now, and I am actually noticing the teeth getting less white compared to when I first began using the toothpaste. So instead of getting whiter, I actually regressed back into a shade or 2 less.

Overall:

This stuff is a gimmick. The packaging is nice, the price is steep, and hopefully you do not get fooled into thinking that the nice package and higher price makes for a better product, because it doesn't.
Skip this one and try to find Colgate Pro Clinical, which actually works really, really well at getting your teeth 2 or 3 shades whiter in very little time.

2 comments:

  1. I noticed the same thing. Did your teeth get sensitive after using it? I have been using it for about a week and last night and today, my front teeth feel very sensitive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes= over time I feel that this one created sensitivity

    ReplyDelete