Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Review of CoverGirl, Lip Perfection in Enchantress #365

I haven't used CoverGirl products in quite some time, especially when it comes to their lipstick. In the past they have been nothing but a disappointment with either faded light colors delivered, when in the tube it

looked bright and bold, or no last at all. I never liked them, and figured I would just ignore them as so many other competitor cosmetic companies seem to have a one up, or even two up on them.

However a few days ago I spotted some new items by them that I just had to stop and look at. They had a new shelf of lipstick called CoverGirl Lip Perfection, and one color stood out the most, a beautiful retro near neon colored pink. Sadly I couldn't see through the tube to see what the actual color was, however I popped the lid off, and there it was, that same beautiful cloudy milky neon like pink.

This particular color is Enchantress #365.

I was worried about buying it though, because if this lipstick was anything like their older ones, it would look great in the tube and too light and faded out in color on the lips.

I hated doing it, but I had to. I applied a tester of it in the store, and immediately fell in love with it. The color was rich! Shocking! CoverGirl never delivers color like this to me, and I was in love. The beautiful cloudy bright pink looked just as fantastic on my lips, as it had in its tube.

I had to have it.

The texture is also surprisingly enjoyable, with a lovely silky creamy feeling that is comforting to drier lips. The texture is not greasy, dry or even the slightest bit uncomfortable.

Last:

They got the color down to a perfection, but the only thing missing here is long last. Granted it stays put for about an hour or so before needing reapplication, it could have lasted longer. Once they manage to get this down, they will have a perfect lipstick line. As of now though, even with the short lived last, I really love this one, and know I will buy it again and again due to the unique retro modern color.

Overall:

CoverGirl finally managed to make a fan of me with this lipstick, and color. I cannot wait to try out other colors in this line, as CoverGirl, Lip Perfection in Enchantress #365 managed to impress me beyond my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment