Friday, December 9, 2011

Review of Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy, 14 Day Smoothing Treatment

I liked Organix 30 day Brazilian straightening system a lot. Although it did not leave my hair pin straight as it did for others ( I have thick, unruly, curly and wavy hair), I still like the fact that my hair was left feeling smoother, and that it dried a lot faster, and cut styling time literally right in half.

When I came across a small spray bottle in the same family of products called, Organix Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy, 14 Day Smoothing Treatment, I went ahead and coughed up the $8.00 and hoped that it would work.

I had tried a straightening spray by Nexxus, and I liked the results, but they were not long lived. As soon as I showered and let my hair dry it would be back to the same kink, and the promise that it would straighten the hair more and more with each use was not entirely my result.

When it came to Organix Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy, 14 Day Smoothing Treatment, the promise was that it would cut blow drying time by 75%, and eliminate up to 95% of frizz. I knew keratin products already, so I knew that the dry time would be cut by the 75% promise. The one thing I was curious about was the elimination of frizz. 95% is pretty high in promises, so I was skeptical.

My Use:

I followed the directions as stated, and allowed my hair to dry up to 80%. Next you are to apply the spray in sections, which I did as best I could.

After brushing the formula though my hair, the immediate result was knot free and smooth feeling hair, which was definitely a plus.

I then allowed the formula to sit for a half hour before bringing the straight iron to it.

The scent of the spray is pretty harsh and chemical, but thankfully after ironing my hair the scent was gone.

Results:

Flat ironing time was cut in half. Normally what would take me an hour now only took 20 minutes. This is a major plus for me, as I have very long thick hair, and being free of such a hair regime is really nice.

Besides that though, I noticed my hair felt tons smoother, silkier, and it looked shinier. I had used the 30 day treatment before and I actually liked the results of the spray treatment way more than the serum lotion.

Results After 1st Shower:

Now the results the first time were great, but what I was curious about was how the hair would hold up after the next shower.

My hair still produced frizz, but not as much as usual when air drying. My hair also dried a heck of a lot faster when blow drying. However the frizz and puff was still present, but cut in half by at least 50% less puffiness, which in turn made ironing the hair straight take up even less time.

Will Organix Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy, 14 Day Smoothing Treatment, leave your hair pin straight after using it? No, but if you want to cut your style time by a landslide, then definitely go for this one. The benefits are not just smoother hair, you get shinier hair, hair that is easier to style, and hair that looks and feels healthier.

For me, I won't ever be without this one.

2 comments:

  1. This is also what I observed after 1st day of washing. My hair was less frizzy but not that straight as when I ironed it. That's when I realized I have to iron it after everytime I take a bath.

    ReplyDelete