Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Want Permanent Pin Straight Hair For Up To 6 Months? You Can Do A Japanese Straightening At Home! Find Out How Here!!!

I have super long, super thick, and super unmanageable hair. I have referred to my hair as a Tranny, as it never knows what it wants to be. Straight on some strands, wavy on others, and a frizzy mess near the neck.

In order to tame this mess, I would seriously have to dedicate 2 hours of my time, after showering, to blow-dry and then flat iron the hair to a sleek straight look. Otherwise it would just air-dry to a disgusting puffed out Afro.

I began looking into the process of getting a Brazilian Blow out, but kept finding that the results would not be that pin straight sleek look I oh-so badly wanted.

I then discovered Japanese Thermals, which I learned could cost me nearly my entire months wages. Screw that.

I decided then to start looking into this process on my own, to find the serums I would need to do this exact over the top expensive treatment at home.

This was how I discovered  LISCIO Crystal Cream Straighteners & Neutralizer. It comes in different forms, for different hair types. You have mild for hair that is damaged, normal for normal hair, and strong for hair that would be more resilient to the treatment. 


I did not want to damage my hair in this process, so I opted for normal- even though my hair is far from normal. 


The cream came in 2 separate pouches. One pouch is your straightening cream, and the other is your neutralizer. 


You could simply go about the process using just these 2 products, but if you are worried about damages that your hair might suffer, you can also pick up a container of Milbon Straight Liscio Protection Hair Treatment. 


-What this cream does is protect the hair during the process of straightening it. 

Now before plopping all of this stuff into your locks, you will need to follow these steps in order to achieve the perfect pin straight hair you have always dreamed of. 


Things you will need:

You will need  LISCIO Crystal Cream Straighteners & Neutralizer 





Next, to protect the hair you will need Milbon Straight Liscio Protection Hair Treatment





The next thing you will want is a dye brush. Using these allows you to more easily apply the serum to each section of hair. 




Next you need a Sulfate free and Sodium Chloride free shampoo. I used Organix, as all of their shampoos are sulfate free, however you can use any brand you want. 


You will also need 2 standard bowls to hold both the straight serum, and the neutralizer.
You will will need a Flat Iron, Blow-dryer, a comb and a brush

- A friend to help apply the serum to your hair. You will have a very difficult time doing this alone. You will need someone you trust to help you apply the serums. I had done the straightening process on my mother, and it worked beautifully. I now needed her to help me apply mine. 



 Now What?!!?!?!?!?!?!

Step1

Your very first step is to set up your work station. I chose my kitchen table, next to an open window to keep my area well ventilated from the scent of the serums. I set up my 2 bowls, and poured in some straight cream into one bowl, and the neutralizer into the other bowl. 

I left the neutralizer away from my work area to ensure I used the right serum on my hair first. 

Step 2 

Before doing anything with my straight cream/neutralizer. I had to take a shower using only shampoo. I used Organix Shampoo. 

After rinsing my hair, I towel dried it to a damp finish. 
Step 3

Next I began the process of brushing my hair, and separating sections in order to make application easier. You will do your hair bit by bit in small sections ensuring that each strand is covered in the straightening serum. 

The serum smells really bad, so make sure your window is open. 

Step 4

Once the serum is in your hair, let it process from 5-15 minutes. Make sure to keep combing the hair straight while it processes.

Step 5

Once you have allowed the serum to process, you can then rinse it out. 

Do not use any shampoo or conditioner. You must rinse this serum out for a full 15 minutes, you want to make sure it is all out for the best results. 

Step 6
Once the serum has been rinsed you can now blow-dry your hair. Your hair will not be pin straight yet. 

Step 7

After blow-drying your hair dry, you will now use your flat iron to completely straighten it. 

Step 8

After your hair is completely straightened, you will now apply the neutralizer in the same exact manner you applied the serum. Use a clean dye brush to apply the neutralizer serum. 

Step 9

Wait for 5 minutes after you have applied the neutralizer, and then rinse it out. 

Do not use any shampoo or conditioner. 

Step 10

To see the results of your straightening treatment you can blow-dry your hair. The results should be pin straight perfection in each strand. 

Tips

-To ensure the health of your hair after the treatment you can apply some more of your Protection Hair Treatment. 

For the next 3 days do not shower. Try not to wear hair in a ponytail or tuck behind ears as it could lead to a permanent kink. If you see any kinking run a flat iron through it till it is straight again.

When you shower, use your sulfate free shampoo, and sulfate free conditioner to prolong the life of your straight hair. 


*Actual Time on Long Frizzy Hair

Process time total was about 3 hours from start to finish.

 

4 comments:

  1. What is the difference between this and the Liscio Thermal. The thermal was previously only available in salons. Is that the only difference? Why are Liscio now selling home kits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. not sure, but they are found on amazon... pricey still... but beats the price of the salons
    do take precautions when using this stuff though... if you do not follow directions to the tee you could fry your hair.... the salon can fry your hair as well, so be careful with this stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had my hair professionally straightened using these products, but I don't remember having the protection hair treatment used. I'm thinking about doing this process at home because I don't wanna spend another $300. Just to clarify, did you use the protection hair treatment before the actual serums or did you only use it after it became straight? Should we only use sulfate free shampoo/conditioner after having our hair treated? I never really paid attention to the shampoo/conditioner I used after the first time and right now, my hair is quite rough. Hope you respond, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol ALSO, is it NECESSARY to use the hair treatment?

    ReplyDelete