Monday, July 13, 2009

Review: Organix, Soft Silky Vanilla Sky Conditioner



Hello ladies, I am sure many of you have seen a slew of brand spanking new hair treats on shelves this summer, from Organix! I know I did, and being the pack rat I am, I had to buy every single scent that appealed to me.

One of those scents was Vanilla Sky.

What was so funny about Vanilla Sky was that I was left wondering why no one had thought of a vanilla scented shampoo or conditioner before. I mean heck, they have strawberries, cucumber, watermelon, blueberry and every other scent one could imagine...yet no one had a vanilla scented product! Organix is the first; at least it was for me.

The scent is simply to die for, and the main reason I grabbed both the shampoo and conditioner. For $5.99, I figured it would be well worth it, considering it smelled like a creamy vanilla field. Vanilla bean, cream, ice cream, milk, mmmm....it smelled delicious! I hoped that this glorious high potent vanilla dream would stick behind and coat my locks with flavorful scent.

The conditioner itself was a little runny for what I was expecting fro Organix. It has a thick lotion like consistency, and makes for a decent conditioner. Thicker conditioner's tend to leave more moisturization behind though.

Organix Vanilla Sky was a decent conditioner, and it did leave my hair smelling like vanilla, only the scent was kicked back a notch, and semi subtle. It was there yes, but just not as heavy as I would have liked, as far as scent goes.

It leaves hair lightly moisturized, but does not provide enough for my thick hair type. I now pair it with Nexxus' moisturizing conditioner, and it makes for the perfect sweet vanilla almond scented hair.

When used alone though it is a little weak as far as adding moisture to dry hair. I recommend pairing it with one of your favorite moisturizing conditioner's for best results.

Overall, the $5.99 price tag is a bit high considering the fact that you have to pair it with a moisturizer.

If you like the scent of vanilla though, and don't mind pairing with a moisturizing conditioner, than I would say go for it, because it does leave a very subtle kiss of vanilla scent behind, and it is really, really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment