Friday, September 25, 2009

A Beautiful Find! Jennifer Garant Faux Paws Serving Plate


I smile every single time I come across artwork by Jennifer Garant. The artist manages to put together some of the most beautiful and unique images I have ever seen. What I love about her work though is how she is able to portray big, as beautiful.

I came across her work last year, and have since been a fan. I have also searched out her collections online, and in stores.

My most recent find was a set of Fat Lady serving dishes. One of those serving dishes is called Faux Paw. The dish itself is 8 inches in diameter, and is dishwasher and microwave safe. I however placed the dishes on the wall, because they are far too adorable to be used to serve food on. Not to mention the fact that they will eventually become collector's pieces like her Fat Chef kitchen collection.

The Faux Paw Serving Plate is one of my favorite plates in the set. It features a larger than life woman wearing a leopard fur coat. Her large unique hat matches her fake fur coat, and a bunch of little black dogs follow her at her feet. The small dogs also are wearing little dog coats, which of course match her coat. Fake leopard.

The plate just makes me smile because it looks like a woman being caught on camera unknowingly going about her everyday business. As if the paparazzi are following her; and why wouldn't they? She is fantastic!

The border of the plate matches the theme of the large woman and her little dogs. It features a clever border with a leopard design to match her coat and her dogs coats. The warm hues of amber, and yellow give the classy serving plate a nice fall feel, which I love.

The Faux Paw artwork can be found sold as prints, place mats, serving plates, and more. Finding them though is the tough part, and a google hunt will take you to what you need.

I found this particular plate at Marshall's for only $2.99. The same plate however is being sold online for nearly $16.00, so if you have a Marshall's nearby, make sure you stop in to get these plates while they last.

The Faux Paw plate was made by Roscher, and the artwork by Jennifer Garant.

The plate is a must have for any Jennifer Garant fan, and it would also make an excellent gift for dog lovers or those who like leopard themed decor. My opinion though is that anyone who gazes upon the artwork on the plate will want it.

More Jennifer Garant Fun:

1 comment:

  1. I also love jennifer Garant. I have this design on a canvas that I put in the bathroom, also the yellow one with little dalmation dogs. I adore her.

    ReplyDelete