Friday, September 25, 2009

Jennifer Garrant Dollnation Mug


Dollnation is one of my top favorite pieces of artwork by Jennifer Garant. I originally fell in love with the artists works a year ago when I came across a note set that featured fat ladies just going about their everyday lives.

The fat lady featured in Dollnation wears a polka dot long coat, with a large hat. She is walking a bunch of dalmatian dogs, and peers right smack at you with her small beady eyes. It seems to me as if she was caught walking dogs, and someone snapped her photograph.

Jennifer Garant was able to capture big as beautiful in her artwork, and her collections are not only unique, but they are very, very beautiful.

Dollnation sells in numerous forms, you can buy the artwork as place mats, prints, framed prints, plates, or as in my most recent find, a coffee or tea mug.

The mug features the Dollnation work of art on it, and on the inside lip of the cup a small dalmatian dog is drawn in for added extra fun. The polka dot borders are also added to match the dalmatian theme perfectly. The Dollnation mug is the perfect must have match to the Dollnation Serving Plate. You can purchase other Jennifer Garant Serving Plates for a matching set as well.

The Dollnation mug features an elegant shaped long handle that actually resembles an ear. The handle is big enough for even the largest fingers.

Where To Buy:

I was lucky enough to stumble upon the entire Fat Lady collection of serving plates and mugs at my local Marshall's.

The mug came to only $2.99. I have so far been unsuccessful in locating the mug online for sale, but I am sure in due time it will be found for sale on eBay for much, much more than what I paid, so if you have a Marshall's nearby I highly suggest you check it out to see if you can scoop up some of these mugs for a low, low price. In time the mugs will rise in value just like Jennifer Garant's Fat Chef plate set.

(The mug can be used for any hot beverages and is dishwasher and microwave safe. The artwork is by Jennifer Garant, and the mug was made by Roscher).

No comments:

Post a Comment