Friday, September 25, 2009

Review Of: Elizabeth Arden, Green Tea Shampoo and Conditioner


My post is also on AC.

I fell in love with Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea fragrance years ago. I was given a small perfume vile of the scent and forever found a fragrance soul mate. A scent so thirst quenching, mouth watering, refreshing, and natural.

The scent however did not gain much recognition until more recently. Now you can find the addicting juicy fragrance being sold as deodorant sticks, shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel.

My most recent find was Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Shampoo and Conditioner. The shampoo came in a large set which contained shower gel, conditioner, and a nice 1 ounce bottle of the perfume. Most perfumed shampoos and conditioners usually dry out my hair, but do a wondrous job at leaving behind the scent. I'm here to discuss how well Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Shampoo and Conditioner panned out.

First is the scent. The shampoo and conditioner has the same sense striking scent as the perfume does. It's refreshing, natural, and has a very slight tint of what reminds me of mint mixed with tea. The mint refreshes the senses without overpowering it, while the green tea scent creates a calming mood. For me the scent is more like aromatherapy.

The shampoo itself came in a small trial sized squeeze tube. You are capable of seeing through it, and clearly the shampoo is a light green see through color. The conditioner comes in a see through tube as well, and the conditioner is a creamy white color.

The lather works up really well as far as the shampoo goes, and the scent fills the air as you are working it into the scalp. After rinsing the shampoo from my hair though I realized that it left my hair feeling quite parched and thirsty for some moisture.

Rinsing with the sister conditioner however did not provide much moisture at all. I had to actually add some of my own moisturizing conditioner to my hair in order to lift the dry feeling from it.

Results:

As far as results go, I would say that the shampoo smells wonderful, as does the conditioner, unfortunately though it does nothing when it comes to moisturizing hair. Had I not paired up with one of my conditioners my hair would have been left dry and frizzy.

Overall:

Although I love the scent, the shampoo is one to skip on. The conditioner is no better. It's pretty unfortunate too, because they smell fantastic.

Skip Those, Get These:

No comments:

Post a Comment