Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Review: Neutrogena, the Anti-Residue Shampoo


I use hair spray daily, and every other day I will spritz into my hair some shine serum, or leave in treatments. I noticed over time with my non-stop use of leave in products, and sprays that my hair seemed to look dull, and feel dull. I knew that this was because my regular shampoo was not removing all residue from my hair. I at times would even discover hair spray build up on my scalp...which is just gross!

I went to my local super center looking for something that would take care of the problem. A shampoo, or conditioner capable of removing left over residue. My choices were pretty obsolete up until I came across a shampoo designed especially for residue removal.

Neutrogena, The Anti-Residue Shampoo!

I was taken back by the very small size of the shampoo, but after reading the directions I figured it was worth it (you are to only use this shampoo weekly). Still though for $7.99, one would expect a little more product for the money. With Neutrogena, The Anti-Residue Shampoo you only get 12 ounces of shampoo.

The Promise:

The promise was that it would remove up to 95% of dulling residues. That it will remove residues left behind by shampoos, conditioner, and styling products.

Perfect! It was exactly what I wanted.

The Scent:

The shampoo had a mild old fashioned scent that reminded me of cheap hotel bar soap. I also was able to note something that smelled a little bit like pool chemicals, but that odd note was not very strong, and would be missed easily if you were not really inhaling the scent.

Overall though, the scent is mild, and you don't have to worry about it sticking around.

My Use:

I scrubbed the shampoo into my locks, and rinsed it out. I then used my regular brand of conditioner and waited to see results.

The very first thing I noticed while my hair dry was that it was softer, shiner, and felt cleaner. As my hair dried no notes of my hair spray were detected (sometimes I'd have so much hair spray residue behind that my hair would dry slightly hard, clearly meaning all of my hair spray was not out).

Overall:

Neutrogena, The Anti-Residue Shampoo worked perfectly, I just wished it were meant for daily use, and not just weekly use. I also wished they would have been a tad more generous when it came to the amount of shampoo you get.

Besides that though Neutrogena, The Anti-Residue Shampoo works, and it works well. It removes all residue, and leaves hair clean, refreshed, and feeling like new.

No comments:

Post a Comment