Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Review of Aveeno Active Naturals Nourish + Moisturize Conditioner


My review also on AC

About 3 weeks ago I accidentally bought a bottle of Aveeno Active Naturals Nourish + Moisturize Conditioner. I quickly scooped up the bottle by accident thinking that it was my usual Nexxus brand of conditioner. I must have been tired, because Nexxus and Aveeno have two total different shaped bottles, but the colors, and bland bottle packaging designs are very similar. When placed on shelves next to one another, its rather easy to grab the wrong one, especially if you are half asleep, tired, and in a rush.

When I got home, I was a bit miffed, but after popping open the click up lid and realizing that the conditioner actually smelled really refreshing, I figured I'd use it, and not bother returning it.

The bottles description basically gave me comfort that the conditioner would work well for my hair type. In a nut shell, it promised to nourish and moisturize my hair. Besides just that though it made the bold claim that it would quench my hair ridding it of dryness, that it would leave my hair soft, and that it would strengthen my hair.

Good, good! It all sounded fantastic.

My Use:

After shampooing with my usual brand, I went ahead and squeezed out a decent amount of the conditioner into the palm of my hand.

The conditioner itself is a very bright white color, with a semi runny consistency. I honestly did not like the runny consistency because other conditioners I have tried with the same weak, watered down consistency, never do much for my hair. I have thick hair, so the thicker the consistency of the conditioner, the better the results (at least for my hair type).

I saturated my hair in the conditioner, and let it sit there for around 3 minutes before rinsing. Once I began to rinse I could notice in the shower immediately that my hair felt much softer, it was fully infused with moisture, and I ran into no knotting issues.

All in all everything seemed to be going perfectly.

I let my hair air dry as I always do, and was pleasantly surprised at how soft and nice my hair felt. The only absence I noted though was a high gloss shine. Many conditioners are capable of leaving my hair soft, moisturized, and they add a healthy shiny sheen. Aveeno Active Naturals Nourish + Moisturize Conditioner did a wonderful job at leaving my hair soft and silky, but the lack of shine was a bit of a disappointment.

Recommendation:

Aveeno Active Naturals Nourish + Moisturize Conditioner will in fact leave your hair moisturized, and feeling fantastic. It lacks a little bit in the high beam shine department, but for what it costs, it's a pretty decent conditioner, that I would in fact recommend.

Personally I was surprised it worked as well as it did on my thick wavy hair type. Normally I have to spend anywhere from $12-$20 on a conditioner to get similar results, so saving nearly half that cost was very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment