Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Review: New Dove Energize Go Fresh Therapy Conditioner for Normal Hair


Grapefruit & Lemongrass Scent

A week ago while doing some last minute Christmas shopping I picked up a little something new from Dove, called Dove Energize Go Fresh Therapy Conditioner for Normal Hair, in Grapefruit and Lemongrass Scent.

Normally I don't buy products by Dove, but I was running low on funds, and figured I'd give it a try. The conditioner was cheap, so I figured I'd get low quality results. My first impressions were dead wrong though, because Dove Energize Go Fresh Therapy Conditioner for Normal Hair actually worked a heck of a lot better than I thought it would.

In the store the initial sniff test went well. The conditioner had a pleasant creamy mandarin orange scent, with a clear note of grapefruit, and a very, very micro note of what reminded me of fresh mint.

The promise of course is to protect the hair from daily wear and tear, while leaving behind a long lasting scent of lemongrass and grapefruit. The conditioner also promises not to weigh hair down, and that it will leave it bouncy and revitalized.

My Use:

After shampooing with my usual brand, I went ahead and squeezed out a decent amount of the conditioner into my palms, and spread it into the entirety of my hair. Roots to tips!

The conditioner itself has a pale yellow cream color to it, but the texture is a bit runny. I have thick wavy hair naturally, and usually I need to use conditioners that have a bit more weight to the texture. Dove Energize Go Fresh Therapy Conditioner for Normal Hair was sort of lacking.

Anyhow, I let the conditioner sit in for about 3 minutes, and finally got to rinsing it out. As I rinsed I could tell that a transformation had taken place. My had was silky under the running water. It was also soft, and free of knots, which was not something I was at all expecting from this $5.00 conditioner.

The only downside was that the scent was not long lasting at all. After my hair dried completely, the scent died completely. No matter though, because the results on my hair, made up for the lack in scent.

Results:

I let my hair air dry, and found that my hair was left very shiny, very soft, and it remained free of kinks and frizz.

All in all, I will say that Dove Energize Go Fresh Therapy Conditioner for Normal Hair is an excellent low priced conditioner, which was surprising. I never really expected Dove to deliver such goods, but low and behold, this conditioner managed to win me over.

No comments:

Post a Comment