Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Review: Salon Grafix Shaping Hair Spray; Extra Super Hold


-My review also on AC
I have thick wavy hair by nature, and when I want to style my hair type, I have no other choice but to keep the style still by using gobs of hair gel, or hair spray. If you are a frequent user of hair spray, than likely you already know that no two are created equal.

While some hold all day long, others barely even keep down the frizz.

Recently I have been having a hell of a horrible time trying to find one of my favorite hair sprays. No longer were stores selling it, and I needed something to replace my one hit wonder.

I bought sprays in the $20.00 range that were awful, and I bought sprays in the $4.00range that were decent, but not good enough. I wanted long lasting hold, without the flaking that many sprays leave behind towards the end of the day.

2 weeks ago I came across a cheap bottle of hair spray that cost me less than $3.00. I was having such bad luck with hair spray, that I figured I would just go ahead and buy it, and hope for the best. At $3.00 my expectations were low, but I honestly had tried so many different sprays that this mega cheap bottle became my last resort.

The hair spray is labeled as Salon Grafix Shaping Hair Spray; Extra Super Hold. It came in a simple white spray can, with a small logo towards the bottom that read spray mist. Spray mist itself sounds weak, but at the same time they label it as Extra Super Hold.

In the store it was anyones guess on how it would work.

My Use:

After tying my hair back, and shaping it the way I wanted it to stay, I went ahead and sprayed out some of the hair spray. It had a light powdery scent to it, but nothing that was overpowering, or sickening. It was fresh, light, and OK.

After spraying I noticed that the hair spray dried quickly, allowing me to press down any frizz, and mold my hair into the shape and style that I wanted. Basically it allowed me just enough time to manipulate my hair if I needed to.

As it dried, I liked it immediately. It left my style in place, and held on well. It also added sheen and brilliance to my hair without leaving it looking hard, stiff, or rock like. It looked soft, and natural, and I loved it!

The only thing this hair spray had to do was hold my style, without flaking, and I am happy to let others know that Salon Grafix Shaping Hair Spray; Extra Super Hold did just that. It held my style, kept frizz down, and did not flake up or leave my hair looking and feeling like stone.

Overall:

I'm happy, my hair is happy, and my style stays in place without issues. What I especially like about Salon Grafix Shaping Hair Spray; Extra Super Hold is that I can brush the hair spray out easily at night, and it does not leave behind ashes or flakes in strands of my hair like other sprays do.

I am happy with the low price, and the high quality results! I couldn't recommend this one more.

No comments:

Post a Comment