Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Review of Lush Bearded Lady Bath Bomb

Every year I hit up my favorite bath and body company, Lush. I hit them up mostly during the winter because I know they will have a slew of new holiday themed items. When I saw a large bubble bar called Bearded Lady, I knew I couldn't not try it, as this one may not be around for another year, and that is only if Lush decides to bring it back next year.

Bearded Lady is actually pretty ugly in person, but it's no gem on their site either. It looks like a Santa Claus face gone horribly wrong. Without ever trying it though, and knowing it would probably deliver some sort of holiday scented treat to my bathing experience, I went and placed my order and awaited my Bearded Ladies arrival.

The added chocolate chip pieces for eyes created a creepy vibe, but whatever, Lush is legendarily known for adding sweet extras like this. If not food, fruit, or florals, it had to be chocolate, which is perfect considering it is a holiday limited time bubble bar.

My Use:

Bearded Lady is rather large coming in at 3.5 ounces. I cut mine directly in half and saved the other half for another bath.

Now the scent is very Lush like, it has that candy powdery zing to it that lots of Lush goodies have, but with an added twist of tangerine to the mix. It also has banana in it, but I never smelled this coming from the bubble bar.

I crumbled Bearded Lady under hot running water and waited for it to do its magic. Thick frothy bubbles began to form immediately, and the candy like smell lingered a bit, but nothing too potent. The tangerine scent just faded and was not even recognizable once the bubble bar had turned to bubbles.

Granted the scent was weak, the experience in the bath was not. The bubble bar added a warm red coloring to the bath water, due to the red dye in the Bearded Lady's hat. The water itself was completely flooded with bubbles on the top layer, and the water had turned a nice silky soft which is what I love about Lush the most. That silky soft feeling it leaves behind in the water, which simply feels divine on the skin.

The bubbles lasting power was also very impressive, and remained till I got out of the tub and the water grew too cold to stand anymore.

After getting out, my skin was lightly kissed with the delicious sugary candy scent, and it was also very soft feeling, which lasted for hours and helped me get a nice nights sleep.
Overall:

So Bearded Lady is a little ugly to look at, but once you crack her up under running water she transforms into a beautiful bathing soup which you will just love. The scent is light, but lasts, and it leaves your skin soft and moisturized for hours.

Two thumbs up and 5 stars from me. I will definitely be stocking up on Bearded Lady before she is sold out!

.my review also on AC

No comments:

Post a Comment