Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Review of Badgely Mischka, Perfume for Women- Is It Any Good? Stink or Sweet? Find Out!

I adore stopping in at Marshall's every week to see what odd newbies I will discover. I make it a point to always stop off at their perfume section to see if there is anything new, or anything priced really low. This week I snatched up a gift set of perfume and body cream. Up on today's chopping block is Badgely Mischka perfume for women, by Badgley Mischka.


I got yelled at unfortunately when I tried to get a sample sniff of the perfume, as I hate buying before trying. The mystery can sometimes be fun when you have never smelled a fragrance before, but I have been burned this way as well.

I was going to put it back, but it came with such a decent 3.4 ounce bottle size of perfume, and a nice large jug of cream that I figured I would take the $25.00 mystery home and test it for myself. If I hated it, I'd bring it back and if asked why, I'd just let them know they should place samples around the shelves and that it stunk.

The bottle itself is pretty standard, nothing fancy, a few neat cuts here and there to give it a gem like appearance, and the perfume itself is a pretty amber color. When it comes to amber colored fragrances though in my experience many smell strong, and many smell antique or old fashioned. I prayed Badgley Mischka smelled more modern and less grandma.

My Use:

One spray and I was hooked.

It is definitely strong and demands attention, but it is not one of those gross stinks you would expect. It has a fruity syrup like quality to it, with cherry, and a nice sharp spiced note of patchouli, without smelling like a dirty hippie.

The mix of spice and syrup fruits is actually done up rather nicely, and the lasting power is simply phenomenal. Worn I smelled and felt rich, classical and elegant all in one. Old, yet with a modern zing to it, and it was done right.

The last in particular stood with me for the entire day, and into the night where it did die down a bit in potency, but still just as lovely.

All in all, I will seek this one out as I run out of the perfume. It was well worth the money spent, and I am glad that this surprise mystery fragrance turned out to be as good as it did.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment