Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Review of WoodWicks Frasier Fir Electric Scent Diffuser

A few weeks ago I tried out my very first WoodWick candle, and I have been smitten ever since. My favorite in the collection of candles I have tried thus far, hands down, goes to Frasier Fir.

The reason this scent managed to win my heart was due to its extreme realistic Christmas tree scent. A fabulous Douglas fir scent that simply cannot get any more realistic than the real thing.

After looking for another candle in this scent however I came up empty handed. I did manage to grab hold of another scent, and the product up on the chopping block today, a Frasier Fir Electric Scent Diffuser. Also known as, a wall plug.

The wall plug diffuser does not look like anything special or unique compared to any other run of the mill wall plug you could find, however the scent is one you cannot find anywhere else. Granted you can find realistic Fir tree scented candles, or diffusers, none of them will smell quite as realistic as this one.

This diffuser however has a major drawback, and could very well be the reason I wouldn't purchase more refills for the diffuser. Read on:

I plugged the included vile of oil into the diffuser, and plugged it into a wall socket. It took about 4 hours for me to walk through the kitchen to actually be able to smell the fragrance. However once it started going, the fragrance grew stronger and stronger.

By night, the entire room smelled perfect; just like the upcoming holiday!

Sadly by morning, the scent was gone, completely and utterly gone. In order to smell any note of it at all I had to place my nose right above the diffuser in order to smell it. I hoped this was an odd phase or something that would pass.

Unfortunately that was not the case at all, the scent never returned back to its thick and delicious holiday potency. It was as if it gave it its all, and then decided to retire. The bulb of oil is more than half full still, and no scent is dispersed from it anymore.

All in all this one was a waste of money. I will buy the WoodWick candles still, but as far as their diffusers, or refills go, I'm going to have to skip, which is unfortunate, because it worked so good the first day I plugged it in.

My Review also on AC

No comments:

Post a Comment