Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Review of Lush Calavera Bath Ballistic

Now we do not have a Lush store within a 50 mile radius, so whenever I need a fix, which usually happens once a year, I place orders on past favorites, and I seek out new products on the Lush website. This was basically how I ran across Lush, Calavera Bath Bomb.


On the Lush website, Calavera Bath Bomb looks like a sherbet ice cream ball, with mixes of green, orange, and pink. The Calavera Bath Bomb that arrived to my door however looked a little pale.

It was mostly white on the outside, no, scratch that, it was all white, with some pink sugar crystals at the top, but not nearly as pink and beautiful as what I saw on the website. I didn't mind much, I figured that once in the water it would fizz up and the beautiful sherbet colors would flood my tub, and tantalize the senses.

My Calavera Bath Bomb however got skipped in the artistic department, as when it began to fizz and melt away the only color residing within my bomb was blue. Granted it was beautiful, and Calavera smelled simply scrumptious, the color party was very lacking, and this was disappointing.

The Calavera Bath Bomb contains flecks of marigold petals which you will see as the bomb begins to melt. The added touch was nice, but it really looked like orange juice pulp. The scent is lovely, and to me it smells just like orange cream soda, or orange sherbet, or starbursts. It's delicious to say the least.

The interesting thing about this bath bomb was how it fizzed away. The white part of the bath bomb turns into a nice frothy silk foam, which will cover the top layer of your bath water. The color hidden in the inside fizzes more like a bath bomb. My only color was blue though, so nothing special came of it. The water for me turned a stormy gray which was sort of ugly, but did not distract from how soft and silky it made the bath water feel.

The scent does last on your skin after bathing with Calavera, but it fades into a more powdery pixie sugar stick scent. It is nice, but different from what you experience in the tub.

Overall:

Even though my Calavera Bath Bomb was lacking the colors it was supposed to contain, it was still a wonderful bath bomb just as it was. The scent was delicious, the bath water turned to silk, and it left my skin lightly touched with a nice candy fragrance that lasted. To top it off my skin was also left very soft, silky, and moisturized. A winner in my book, and a bomb I would highly recommend. 4 stars from me, due to the lack of color.

No comments:

Post a Comment