Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Review of Lush Summer Pudding Soap

The main reason I picked up a bar of Summer Pudding Soap from Lush was due to the fact that I just about must try every new release of theirs, however the real reason was that it reminded me of Sultana, with it's extra bits of fruit added to the soap. It was pretty, how else could I put it? With that said, the lovely shards of pink glycerin soap added in to a creamy based soap looked pretty as well. The cherries added to the soap were simply the cherry on top. This soap looked like art, and I wanted to bathe with it.


My soap on arrival however never looks as pretty as the ones we see online. Mine was lacking majorly in the pink department, and my cherries... well there was only a half of 1 in the top of the soap. What I got was a sad looking bar of grayish white cream colored soap, with flecks of almonds which are used for exfoliating.

Where my bar lacked, it made up in this department, as mine seemed flooded with nothing but sharp shards of almonds. I have pretty tough skin and nothing bothers it too much, but these almond pieces were just too harsh and rough on my skin. Granted I love a good exfoliation, I do not like feeling like my skin is being abused, and that is pretty much where I left off when it came to Summer Pudding.

The Scent:

Summer Pudding Soap is not my favorite scent, as nothing seems to cream Angels Delight or Sultana and Karma. Summer Pudding is not bad though, its a nice creamy fizzy cherry soda pop like stench which I liked well enough.

The scent however does not last, which is odd considering you are opening your pores up so much with the deep exfoliating properties.
Overall:

I wouldn't buy Summer Pudding again. I didn't enjoy the rough pieces of ground up almond flooded throughout the soap. I hated that my cut contained no pink glycerin soap, as I am sure this would have weakened the roughness of the almonds, and I didn't care much for the scent or the lack of moisturization.

I am glad to have cut a sliver from it to try it, as I will be wrapping it up and passing it on to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment