Thursday, May 21, 2009

Review of New Soap & Glory Fab Pore Facial Mask



When I came across Soap & Glory Fab Pore hidden amongst other Soap & Glory products I was excited to scoop this one up and give it a try.

The small 1.6 ounce tub however comes to $12.99, which is a little high for what I normally spend on facial masks. Being the true Soap & Glory fan I am though, I went ahead and bought not one, but two of the masks. One for me, and one for my bestie who is also a fan of the collection.

I was hoping it would smell like all of the other original Soap & Glory product, however when I screwed off the lid instead I was greeted with a minty cream like scent. It was a powerful scent, and smelled a lot like the Soap & Glory Spa collection. Due to the pink packaging it came in though, I thought it would have the original scent. Most of the Spa collection products come in blue packages.

The facial mask itself was a light peachy color with small flecks of green micro beads all throughout the mixture.

According to the package, you are to apply it to your face and leave it on for 5 minutes. You could leave it on longer for a full do it yourself facial as well. Your skins benefit of course is supposed to be smaller pores!

I globed on a fair amount of the mask to my skin and rubber it around until all of the micro beads were dissolved; as directed.

The mixture dries rather fast and leaves your skin feeling cool and dry while it does its magic.

After the full 15 minutes I rinsed the mask from my face. My skin was left feeling very clean, and very soft. At the same rate though, it was also left feeling slightly dry, but not tight.

I used a moisturizer as the package directed to take care of the dry feeling the mask left behind.

As far as shrinking my pores during the first session though, I cannot say I saw any results. Using the mask however left my skin feeling pampered, so it was a plus.

All in all I really liked Soap & Glory Fab Pore, but frankly it is just too expensive, and you don't get a whole lot of mix in the tub. It will probably only last me a month and a half with 2 weekly treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment