Wednesday, December 1, 2010

For the Young and Old Alike, Elmers Totally Glamorous Spa Kit- A Review

I absolutely love taking baths, and Lush is by far my top favorite go to company for when I need to stock up on luxurious bathing goodies. However due to the fact that Lush is nowhere to be found in my neighborhood, or anywhere within a 45 mile radius, I sometimes will scoop up tid bits of products I find here and there, and give them a try.

My most recent find, was probably my most interesting find. I came across a heavy kit called Elmer's Totally Glamorous Spa Kit. Now the kit is made for children, but being the bath lover that I am I figured it would be fun to try out for myself. Normally this exact bath fun kit rings in anywhere from $20.00, all the way up to $40.00, but Marshall's had this one for sale for $9.99, so I bought 2, one for me, and one for my little niece who loves bath time just as much as she loves her aunt.

The kits box displays a cartoon like drawing of a woman in a tub full of bubbles. In her hand she has chemistry glass tubes, and the entire vibe of it makes you excited to get home and start mixing up your own bath.

Things inside the box however are not as pretty as what one would imagine, and even though this one is made for children, creating the soaps and bath bombs will require help from an adult.

Inside you have generic labeled bags of sea salt, dried rose buds, baking soda, dried oats, a glycerin heart shaped bar of soap, eye droppers, oil in either lavender or peppermint, and 2 mixing cups.

Everything in the kit can be mixed up to create your own scented bath mix. The instruction manual also shows you how to use your items to create things such as soaps or bath bombs. Being impatient though, it was unlikely I would get around to making the bath bomb, but the soap on the other hand I knew I would try my hand at, at a later date.

Instead I just sort of started mixing up oils, salts, and powders to create my own aromatherapy bath mix by adding oats, rose buds, and peppermint oil.

The rose buds were a bit disappointing though because they smelled like the peppermint oil, and not roses at all. Granted in the bath tub, floating around it did add to the relaxing vibe.

Now in the tub my water did not have a nice silky quality to it, which was disappointing, but the peppermint oil definitely left it's mark, and it was like bathing in candy cane scented water, which was nice and uplifting.

You can add your own food coloring, but I was hoping it would have come in the kit, only it didn't. I didn't have any on hand, so I was forced to do without it. If you do get this kit, try and make sure you either have food coloring on hand, or that you pick some up.

Overall:

All in all I think The Totally Glamorous Spa Kit was well worth the money I spent. I would have liked more items in the kit like food coloring, and more scents to work with, as you only get 2. The mixing cups could have been a little larger as well, but overall anyone who loves bath time will enjoy mixing up their own scents even though their choices will be limited.

-Most post also on AC

No comments:

Post a Comment