Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Mmmm... Review of Spiced Apple Soap by Savon a La Pomme

When I came across a bunch of soap tins at my local Marshall's for just $3.99, I figured I would scoop a few of them up as they all had a festive holiday seasons greetings logo etched into the tins. I usually always scoop up cheap extras like this in case someone I was not expecting, shows up to a family holiday party. Having extra gifts on hand are pretty much a must in our household.


One particular soap however caught my attention above all of the rest, Apple Spiced Soap, by Savon A La Pomme. Another odd foreign name offered by Marshall's.

Out of curiosity and my love for apple scented fragrances I had to pop the lid on the tin and see what spiced apple had to offer.

Surprisingly I was in love. I did not expect to love it as much as I did, as most of my soaps come strictly from Lush. However with no Lush nearby, and this soap smelling better than Lush's apple scented soaps, I went ahead and bought it, as it smelled so delicious, like spiced apple. A red delicious apple scent that was both realistic and juicy, and a nice hint of cinnamon that was not over powering.

Combined this one smelled like warm apple cider, and I knew I would not be giving this one away, as it would be staying with me.

Use:

When I got around to using Spiced Apple, Savon A La Pomme I was excited to see how well it would work. Would it leave behind the delicious holiday spiced apple fragrance, or would it transform into some mediocre scent that smelled nothing like what it smelled like dry.

I am happy to report that the spiced apple scent does get released while you run it along your body in the shower. Its therapeutic to say the least, and smells fantastic.

Lather is pretty weak however, and the soap does not create a whole lot of suds to work with.

The real problem was, after rinsing off, the scent rinsed off as well, leaving behind not a trace of the delicious spiced apple scent.

This soap could have been a top favorite of mine had the scent stood with me, even for a little while, only it never did. It does however leave you feeling squeaky clean, and the scent will stick around in the bathroom for a few hours as well.

Overall:

I like the experience in the shower, I like smelling the warm cider like fragrance fill the air, and I like that it sticks around in the air. I would have loved if the scent would have stuck with me though. All in all Spiced Apple by Savon A La Pomme is a decent soap. One I would buy again for this price. It also makes for great stocking stuffers, or to have on hand for holiday parties when an unexpected guest arrives.

It is not the best soap in the world, but it is far from the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment