Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Review of Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towelettes

Whenever I begin to run low on my makeup removal towelettes I seek out a new stock of them, but I usually look for something new as I never stick to the same product for too long, as I notice that my skin gets used to it, and it won't work as well as it did at first.

With my stock running low, I came across a little something new called Yes To Cucumbers Facial Towelettes. I did not know much about this company, but I had always seen their 'Say Yes To Carrots shampoo and conditioner', and as much as I longed to try it, I just didn't like the scent too much, nor the price. These facial cleansing towelettes however were right on as far as price goes, and I was already well aware of how wonderful cucumbers were for my skin, so $5.99 later, I walked out with my green bag of 30 towelettes, and hoped they would do a good job at removing my makeup, and of course leaving my skin nicely nourished as promised.

The Scent:

Yes To Cucumbers Facial Towelettes smelled like cucumbers, but not a realistic tint of the fragrance, it smelled more processed, and old. Granted it was not a horrid scent, it was not one I enjoyed all too much either.

The towelette however is nicely saturated in formula, and a lot of companies who make wet towelettes never add enough formula, so it was nice seeing that my Yes To Cucumbers Facial Towelettes were drenched in the goods, and that I would not have to use more than 1 towelette.

My Use:

I wiped this one along my eyes to see how well it did on a first swipe of my eyeliner. It managed to mess my eyeliner up, but it did not sop it up onto the towelette like other towelettes have done in the past.

I had to swipe at my eyes a few times more than I would have liked, as I do not like stretching the skin in that area, nor having to wipe the area so often. This one however had a really tough time at makeup removal, and this was a major disappointment, because it was primarily why I bought them.

The towelettes did a well enough job on my cover up however, but on dark black eye makeup, it just fails to make the mark.

My skin afterward did however feel very clean, nourished, and moisturized.

Overall:


If eye makeup is not your thing anyway, then by all means go ahead and purchase this one, as it will leave your skin feeling fantastic. Other than that though, these towelettes are not for everyone.
For me, Yes To Cucumbers Facial Towelettes is just mediocre. It does a good job at cleaning your face of makeup like cover-up or powder, but if you are looking for a fast and tough acting removal of eye makeup, this one will disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment