Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Is It Any Good? Review of Dolce & Gabbana La Roue De La Fortune 10

I came across a large gift set of Dolce & Gabbana scents that I did not even know existed. Within this set a little rectangular ugly bottle filled with blue colored perfume resided.


It was rather ugly, and I would not keep the bottle once the scent is gone, however I was very excited to see what the scent would offer, since I had never even heard of Dolce & Gabbana La Roue de la Fortune 10, before.

To be honest when I first opened the gift set, I thought that the bottled fragrances were reed diffusers, that's how ugly they all were.

When I removed the twist lid, I was also disappointed to see that it had no spray nozzle. It's one of those annoying bottles you have to tip over and slowly pour onto your skin, which just takes forever, and could end up spilling all over the place if you are not careful.

I learned afterward that this set I picked up was an Anthology set, and the numbers represent tarot cards. I would have never guessed that on my own. Call it whatever you want though, the bottles are still poorly done, and even the label stickers on the bottles look so generic and ugly.

My focus however was what was going on inside of the ugly bottle.

The Scent:

When it comes to La Roue de la Fortune 10:

Loves it!

La Roue de la Fortune 10 has a distinct and obvious rose note going on, and I am very, very picky with rose scented fragrances because many of them smell way to antique, and way too strong and disgusting. More like a moldy rotting flower than a fresh clean rose.

La Roue de la Fortune 10 however did it right, this rose scent is like a fresh blossoming rose bud, with hints of dew on the blossom. It is refreshing, clean, light, yet easily noted. As it begins to fade it transforms into a vanilla hint, but the rose is still obvious, and still lovely, almost as if the sun came up to evaporate the dew. Simply scrumptious.

Last:

La Roue de la Fortune 10 has some last to it, around 2 hours or so until the scent is no longer detectable. There is not much last going on here, but it is better than most designer fragrances.

Overall:

If you love the scent of newly blossomed roses, than you will enjoy this one. It is more modern, and less grandma, and it smells simply delicious. I would definitely recommend this one to those interested in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment