Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Review of Olay Professional Pro-X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser

I had seen Olay's Pro X collection of anti aging products, but avoided them as many of them are exclusively packed in plastic security containers, and something about it does not make it seem alluring, but more intimidating, too intimidating to even pick up.


I'm no stranger to high end moisturizers, lotions, or facial products to improve my skin, but when it comes to Olay I always had mixed feelings. Granted 90% of the products I have used by Olay have worked really well, I have never spent over $20 on any product by Olay, as to me they have been mid priced products, with mediocre results.

So when I saw that most products in their newest Pro X collection were heavily priced, I avoided them. That was, until recently when I came across a tube of Olay Professional Pro-X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser, on sale, and not residing in a plastic case, for just $8.99. Although that is a bit much compared to what I would usually spend on facial cleansers, I was interested in what this collection had to offer, and if I liked the lower end exfoliator, perhaps I would cave and try their pricey kit.
My Use:

I had no idea what to expect from Olay Professional Pro-X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser, but when I squeezed out some of the formula onto my hand I was surprised at its clear gel like coloring. It's like a grayish clear, sort of like Vaseline in a way, with the same consistency so it seems. When I got to scrubbing it on my slightly wet face though, that was when the magic unfolded. You cannot see them with your naked eye, but there are tons and tons of micro flecks within the formula that polish the skin. I would not necessarily call it an exfoliator, as many are harsh, Olay Professional Pro-X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser is more like a skin polish.

There is a slight scent going on, even though it claims to be fragrance free; but it's nothing harsh or floral or fruity like many other of Olays exfoliators. This one is more spa like, with a more professional quality to it, so the name is suiting to how the product actually looks and feels; professional.

After rinsing, my face was left feeling so clean, so polished, and so fresh. It seemed to have removed any traces of dry skin, and left over makeup.

Overall:

I like it. It is not my favorite exfoliator, but I do like it, and would use it again if I could find it at this lower price. I still prefer LaMer over this one, but who wouldn't prefer LaMer over this one?

At any rate, it's semi decent pricing. It could be lower, but all in all it's a good cleanser and will leave your skin feeling sparkling clean and polished.

-MY POST ALSO ON ASSOCIATEDCONTENT-

No comments:

Post a Comment