Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Review of the Original Miss Cherie Dior, Perfume for Women

I like fruity fragrances well enough, although it is not my top favorite scent category, as I prefer deep sultry musks above and beyond any other fragrance. I do like having fruity fragrances on hand for quick pick me ups though, or fun and flirty occasions, as the scent is much more mainstream and casual.


The problem with many fruity fragrances for women, is that most of them smell very similar. You have an apple scented perfume, and suddenly there are 30 others sitting on the same shelf, giving off the same familiar notes of either apple, mandarin, melon, or cucumber. It gets sickening after a while, and to truly peak my interest the scent has to be unique and all its own.

When I finally got around to inhaling my very first sniff of an original called Miss Cherie Dior I must say, I really liked it. There is a floral spin off of this scent called Miss Dior Cherie L'eau, and it is as equally delightful as the original which is what I am reviewing today.

Miss Cherie Dior simply smelled delicious. Its very first note is a light sorbet strawberry patch, which is sugary and warm like strawberry shortcake. I am sure many of you out there can still remember what your Strawberry Shortcake doll smelled like? Well Miss Cherie Dior has that same sweet and sugary strawberry deliciousness about it.

So I loved the scent, but did she have any last?

The last on this particular perfume is just so-so. It does not last long, but it also does not vanish away immediately. I got about an hour of last before I could no longer find hints of the scent on my clothing or wrist. This would be problematic because I do not like carrying glass perfume bottles around with me in my bag to do touch ups on the hour.

Unfortunately with Miss Cherie Dior, I would have to carry the bottle around if I planned on making it my scent of the day.

Overall:

A delicious scent indeed, however the last is way too short lived for this designer fragrance, with its designer price tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment