Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Review of New S by Shakira, Perfume for Women

Mmm delicious, Glamour magazine delivers a thick, thick surprise this month with tons of new must have makeup trends. My guilty pleasure however is not necessarily the newest trends in makeup, but my reasoning for coming back month after month to this magazine is the fact that they deliver anywhere from 3 to 5 new perfume samples within its pages.

S by Shakira is the primary focus today.

The Bottle:

S by Shakira has an odd mod bottle shape to it, which reminds me of a squished light bulb due to the nozzle top it has on it. The nozzle as a small hook attachment that hangs slightly to the side, from the hook hangs a small charm in gold containing the perfume's S emblem.

It's probably one of the ugliest perfume bottles I have seen in awhile, as I am not sure what they are trying to represent, or what the point is. At any rate I get modern Egyptian when I look at it. Ugly though, very ugly. The perfume itself is a burnt yellow giving off a nice warm piss color.

The Scent:

I hated the bottle, so what? I hate lots of perfume bottles, I just happen to hate this one more. The ugly outside however is long forgotten once you get a whiff of S, by Shakira.

It smells simply delicious. It has a sweet warm vanilla drop cookie fragrance going on, with a nice little touch of lemon drop that I just love. It reminded me a lot of Lolita perfume I recently purchased.

As the scent wears thin however it transforms into a stronger more masculine musky fragrance that is equally enjoyable. All in all though, for the most part it smells like a lemon pastry, light, mouth watering, yet strong enough to demand attention.

Last:

The only difference between that perfume and S, is the fact that S lasts much longer, and has a heavier scent to it that lingers around in a more potent, but delicious manner.

Overall:

I am never all too fond of celebrity fragrances, and JLO has been the only celeb, in my opinion that manages to impress time after time. S, by Shakira though has managed to make another fan. I will continue to seek out new releases by Shakira, and hope they are as delicious as this one.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment