Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Does It Work? SAMY Fat Foam Hair Coloring- Light Ash Brown A6

With the spring season approaching I usually spent the following 2 months prior to the warmer weather, figuring out what color to dye my hair. I usually like very dark colors come the fall, and lighter browns and

come the spring and summer.

As of right now I have been having issues reverting my black hair back into a lighter color. It seems no matter what I use, what color I buy, or brand, or price; my hair is still dark and the only area taking in any color is my new regrowth close to the scalp. It's so trashy though to have light roots, and dark ends. It looks horrid.

I came across SAMY Fat Foam Permanent Hair Color, and bought it in their A6 Light Ash Brown color. I figured on the box, it looked to be the best color towards hopefully gradually lightening my hair. I do not want to go from black to blond overnight. I have to work myself into it.

The reason I went with SAMY Fat Foam Permanent Hair Color was because, well, I am a sucker for new released products, and this product is not just a new release, but its a whole new hair coloring concept. Instead of mixing dyes and secret hair stripping formulas, you simply plop the formulas into a large plastic container, shake it, and apply it to your hair.

The plastic container was disappointing because while mixing, the foam that developed did not even fill half of this very larger, and very unnecessary container.

After the foam is all shaken up, you can just apply it to your hair. It gives you full cover, sure, but the unfortunate thing about SAMY Fat Foam Permanent Hair Color was that it did not do a damn thing.

I let the color stay in my hair as long as the instructions advised, I mixed and shook properly, and I applied the foam properly.
I liked the application well enough, as it didn't drip or leave a mess. I had much more control with this foam, than I had ever had with any other hair coloring kit, but sadly the Light Ash Brown did not even take my dark shade to a lighter one by even a fraction of a difference.

The hair that has regrown near my scalp of course took in some of the color, but seeing that the rest of the hair remained dark, the entire kit was a pointless waste of time and money.

It seems to only color virgin hair. If you have dark locks and you are looking to lighten it up a bit, do not bother with SAMY Fat Foam Permanent Hair Color, in A6 Light Ash Brown.


My quest to gradually lightening my dark hair continues...

3 comments:

  1. you cannot dye black hair to a lighter shade without bleaching it........ common sense. black is permanent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually you can, i'm living proof. you can lift up to a dark blonde-ish (brassy w/o toner) Level 7-7.5

    Starting hair: Level 1/2/3
    Ending hair: Level 7/7.5

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black is not permanent... you must not color your hair as often as I do... it can be done... inch by inch... ruining your hair one step out of the time during the quest. LOL...

    ReplyDelete