Thursday, March 31, 2011

Gradually Go Blonde With Sun In, Tropical Breeze...Find Out How It Works In This Review

Recently I added small highlights to my hair. I have over the past few months been trying to go from black to a lighter medium blonde. My trip from black to blonde however has been a long and tedious process. I have
tried numerous promises from expensive dye's and highlighting kits, only to find that the only hair actually truly getting color is the newest growth closest to my scalp.

Over the duration of a few months though, and of course a few boxes of dye, my hair has managed to go from black to a nice medium brown, with highlights mostly focused at the scalp area. In order to get the lower parts of my hair to lighten up and blend better with the highlights I figured I would go with something that I knew worked in the past. A longer process of highlighting hair, but one that gradually works over time. Sun In!

I used it in the past and found that the process of lightning my hair came easier with a few squirts to the hair, and my blow dryer set on high heat. In the past though I recall one things about Sun In, that I didn't like too much, and that was the horrid scent. Thankfully though they introduced 2 new scents, lemon and the one up for review today in which I purchased; Tropical Breeze.

Another thing I disliked about the original Sun In, was how it left my hair feeling relatively dry, and semi sticky. I hoped though, that 10 years later this new Sun In would have changed fr the better, and due to the promise of this Tropical Breeze Sun In stating it would condition hair while lightening, I figured, yes, maybe they've got it right this time! Not only did it promise to condition, but it also states that it uses special illuminators which will add a dose of shine. The original Sun In actually left hair semi dull looking, and unless you didn't mind dry dull looking hair, you had to add some outside balms and shine infusing spray to really bring hair back to life.

According to this newbie Sun In promise, it seemed as if none of that would be needed.

I sprayed a squirt of it in the store, and liked the new revamped scent. Tropical Breeze has a fruit punch like fragrance, with a nice little undertone of coconut.

My Use:

I used Sun In, Tropical Breeze as suggested. I showered first and sprayed it all over damp hair. I then brushed the formula in and went ahead with the blow dryer method. You can also spray this one in before going out in the sun and let the sun slowly do its magic, but for faster results, I blow dry instead.

The first trial using this Sun In, I noticed my hair had lightened a bit, without leaving behind ugly red tones, so I was impressed. It was as if it lightened the overall medium brown color up into a lighter medium brown, and it hit up my highlights giving them a lighter look as well.

I decided to go ahead and spray some more into the areas I wanted to lighten up even more. Low and behold a few squirts, and a focus of bowing hot air onto the area quickly lightened up the spots I needed the most touch up on.

Besides loving how quickly and easily this formula worked lightening my hair, I also noticed that yes, my hair did feel softer, and it looked more shiny. None of that dry sticky feeling like older versions of Sun In had left behind. The hair color also contained no red tones, which was one of my more prominent concerns. In darker hair though I imagine red tones would be expected. On my medium brown hair though, I was left with perfect lightening, and my hair felt healthy afterward.

Overall:

I loved the results on the very first use, and know that with weekly use my hair will lighten up even more. To focus on lightening up sections you can simply comb away the strands you want to lighten and only spray them. I was looking for a more overall highlighting in my hair as an entirety, and I got just that.

All in all, I would recommend Sun In Tropical Breeze to anyone who is looking for fast and easy highlights, without having to worry about stripping your hair with harsher dye or highlighting kits. This one is mild, simple, and it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment