Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Maybelline SuperStay 24 Lip Color in Lasting Lilac- 085

Maybelline SuperStay 24 Lip Color has won me over with a long lasting all day promise, and comfortable, non-drying formula that did exactly as it said it would. At first I was a skeptic, but after one use, I was a fan and immediately I went out seeking other shades. Unfortunately this lip color is so popular, and so sought after at this time, that acquiring, or finding colors is actually difficult!

I came across Lasting Lilac (085) tonight at my local Target, and knowing how well the previous colors I had used worked, I was convinced that this one would work just as well. The difference however between this one, and the other pink shade I picked up, was that Lasting Lilac has a beautiful shade of both pink and purple, which has a shimmer effect to it, instead of a plain matte finish. It's almost like a holographic illusion when you look at it through the package. It's a neat effect of 2 colors merging and working against one another to create this 2 shade illusion. It's neat to say the least.

The last Maybelline SuperStay 24 color I had used that had a shimmering effect to it, did not work quite as well as the one without a shimmer to it. I figured I would give Lasting Lilac a try though due to how beautiful it looked in the see through tube.

My Use:

To use Lasting Lilac, and any Maybelline SuperStay 24 Lip Color, you first have to make sure your lips are clean and dry.

Next you apply the lip color by unscrewing it from the dual tube. You want to be quick and precise while applying the color, because if you mess up, you could end up staining your lip. One swipe is enough to cover your lips, if you use too much it may clump, so use one swipe, and press your lips together to distribute the color to your top lip evenly.

Next you just allow the color to dry. It states to allow it to dry for up to 2 minutes for proper wear and last.

After your color has dried, you then pop off the clear balm located on the other side of the dual tube. Apply a coating of that to add moisture to the lips, and wallah, you are done. It works effortlessly. Your lip color will stay put through eating, drinking, blotting, etc. I even add other lip colors on top of these SuperStay colors to create my own unique blends.


When it comes to Lasting Lilac, I have to say that I was pretty disappointed in the outcome. In the tube I saw a beautiful pink/purple shimmer, yet on my lips what was delivered was a pale, near nude pink coloring.

There was no shade of lilac, the pink hue vanished, and the shimmer simply absorbed into nothingness.
What you are left with is a bland color that nearly resembles your actual lip color. A major disappointment.

Overall:

Maybelline SuperStay 24 Lip Color in Lasting Lilac is the first I have encountered that is actually being re-packaged and returned.

I will avoid the SuperStay 24 Lip Colors with a metallic shimmer effect to it from here on out, as they tend to be the ones that disappoint me the most. The color is just too weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment