Thursday, March 31, 2011

Review of Estee Lauder: Pure Color, Long Lasting Lipstick in Rose Tea

I'm an Estee Lauder cosmetic junkie, and any junkie know that a few times a year they have this wonderful pre-sale promotion that goes on. Basically it works like this: you place an order at your nearest Estee

Lauder store; mine is my favorite beauty consultant at Macy's. You do not receive your products right away, but the wait is not long, and the wait is well worth it. I usually spend anywhere from $40-$70, depending on the new recommendations. I then wait to pick up my order, and included with my order are gifts. Gobs, and gobs of gifts.

Gifts usually include mascara, makeup remover lotion or wash, eyeliner, lipstick, larger trial sized balms, lotions, or whatever else they feel like giving you. Usually you end up walking away with hundreds of dollars in freebie gifts just for placing a pre-order.

At any rate, I had to just let you all know, because if you love Estee Lauder, you should seriously wait and buy during these gift promos. Anyhow, this was basically how I acquired Estee Lauder: Pure Color, Long Lasting Lipstick in Rose Tea.

Usually I am not a huge fan of the free lipstick colors that come along with my pre-sale, however I always get Rubillete, which is a beautiful deep metallic pink. This time instead of just 2 lipsticks, I had been given 3, and Rose Tea was a brand new color for me, which was exciting.

The Color in the Tube:

Rose Tea looked simply scrumptious. It was a beautiful pink color, with a semi plum coloring added to it to give it this nice simple rose color. Not too deep, or too light looking either.

On The Lips:

Now I was initially in love with Rose Tea. The color was a nice matte finish, with a lot of glossy shine going on. There were no metallics which was different for me, as I usually enjoy the sparkly addition of metallics. This one though was so spring colored and simple. n the lips though it plays another story.

Sadly for my skin tone, Rose Tea matched my natural lip color far too much. I imagine on those with much lighter skin tones this tickled pink rose color would look fabulous and show off the color wonderfully. However on me, with my darker tan skin, and normally semi pink lips, the color just did me no justice.

What I did like about Pure Color, Long Lasting Lipstick in Rose Tea though, was that it left my lips feeling really sot and moisturized, but truly if I had purchased this one I would have been disappointed in how

lacking the color was. It goes on more glossy than colorful, which for some may be great, but for me, I like seeing the color in the tube, on my lips, and this one sort of just fizzled out and faded/blend too closely with my natural lip color.

Overall:

On very light skin Rose Tea may work magic, but for those of you with deeper tans and skin tones, this one does not go very far where color is concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment