Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Will It Leave Your Face Shine Free? Clean & Clear Finishes Mattifying Cleanser- Find Out!!!

When I spotted Clean & Clear Finishes Mattifying Cleanser on a shelf at my local Rite Aid, I picked it up and bought it on a whim, as I so often do. I tend to try and scoop up every oil controlling or shine reducing cleanser and moisturizer whenever I happen to see one.

While many work really well, others fail to impress me. My all time favorite has got to be LaMer, oil controlling tonic, but they ask for such a pretty price for their wondrous product.

Clean & Clear Finishes Mattifying Cleanser was right there, I did not have to wait for it to come in the mail, and I did not really worry about the price. It was just under $7.00, and I figured, yeah it's a little up there in price, but if it works, it would be well worth it. If not, I could always just bring it back for a refund.

With summer months approaching, I worry most about shine and oil, as my skin tends to be harder to control when it comes to excessive oil and shine when the weather is hotter and more humid.

Clean & Clear Finishes Mattifying Cleanser comes in a standard stand up squeeze tube, and its dull pastel purple color actually allows it to stick out on shelves among the competitors whom use bright scream at you, look at me colors and logos. The simplicity of it actually allowed it to stand out. Hmm, Clean & Clear is doing something right!

My Use:

I planned on using this one in the morning before applying my makeup. I liked the idea of it promising to control shine all day long, and I hoped it would work, because I hate having to blot and powder my forehead every other hour due to it shining so disgustingly.

The cleanser is not really all that cleansing. Its texture is that of lotion, and my skin did not at all feel all too clean after using it. It has a nice fresh scent, and there is nothing chemical or gross about it, so that was a plus. I just really wished it contained some micro-beads to give my skin a deeper clean feeling.

Afterward, I applied my makeup as I usually would, and decided to not check my skin till noon to see how well the cleanser worked at keeping my skin flawlessly shine free.

Results:

So by noon, there was some shine, but it was actually not a bad shine, it was more like a glowing kind, where my skin had a perfect balance of healthy glow, and shine control. An hour later I had to blot with some powder to rid my skin of shine, but to be honest, this cleanser worked really good compared to others that contain the same promise, and deliver nothing but shine.

When it came to Clean & Clear Finishes Mattifying Cleanser I was happy with what I saw for as long as I saw it. Most cleansers and shine free moisturizers do not last till noon and beyond, and this one actually did.

It will not keep shine away all day long as it states, but it will keep your skin looking shine free and healthy for about half the day, and heck, that's not too bad for the price I paid.
Recommended:

Yes. I have very shiny skin normally, and the fact that this cleanser was capable of keeping shine at bay for as long as it did, makes me happy enough to recommend it to anyone who cannot stand the sight of shiny, or oily skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment