Thursday, March 31, 2011

Review of Sally Hansen Salon Effects, Girl Power, Nail Polish Strips

About 2 months ago I fell in love with my first set of Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips. I learned something disappointing about them though. You see, my first pair I opened up both of the air tight sealed containers which hold 8 strips in each one. I figured no problem, I'll use that second package at a later date.

Wrong!

One major, huge deal killing disappointment was learning that any un-used strips that you leave out in open air will dry up, no longer having a sticky bond in the back. This was so disappointing because I had no idea, and I would have never opened both containers at the same time.

You could get 3 uses from the 16 strips, that is if they didn't dry out and become useless. Having to throw out the unused strips is such a waste, and it's truly the reason I am no longer going to be buying them. I have however acquired a bunch of different styles that I bought before realizing how wasteful this all was.

Girl Power was one of the finds I purchased right before learning of this disappointment. I didn't want to return them though, I still could get 2 uses from the 2 sealed packages.

I tore open one package which contains 8 strips. 3 of which I had to just throw out because I did not need them. I use 1 strip for 2 fingers, as the strips are long enough to be used this way.

Girl Power is pretty stunning with small flowers drawn all over the strips, and bright colors of red, blue, yellow, pink, green, white, maroon and purple all filling in the flowers creating a really beautiful 60s retro like flower power theme.

Application is a breeze as well, and it's why I initially fell in love with these nail polish strips.

You need to make sure your nails are clean, and buffed by using the included file. Once that is done, you can then begin to apply the strips.

They go on with ease, but you have to have a good eye and steady hand to really place them on the nail perfectly. Once the strip is on, you can tear off the excess overhang and use that on the fingernail on your other hand.

You can then begin to press the strip down better using the included wooden nail stick to make sure the edges on on good.

To Get Them To Last Longer:

After I have applied all of the strips, I add in an extra step that I would recommend to anyone thinking about using these Salon Effect Strips; and that would be to apply a layer or 2 of clear nail polish on top of them to really seal them into place, and to stop lifting and color fading that will occur over time had you not used a clear topcoat.

Overall:

Girl Power is a beautiful design, giving you a beautiful professional finish. Sadly the strips you do not use will dry up, even if you leave them in their protective seals. So, if you do buy these only open 1 package of strips, otherwise the left over strips are rendered useless

No comments:

Post a Comment