Thursday, March 31, 2011

Jesse's Girl Baby Cakes Neon Pink Nail Polish Is Hot!!!

I have purchased so many nail polishes in my time, and the ones I remember the most are either beautiful favorites that I will ontinue to buy when the bottle runs low, or the horrid wretched colors that look pretty in
the bottle, and look like crap on the nail. I remember these because they stick out in the same manner, only for opposite reasons.

Jesse's Girl, Baby Cakes Nail Polish is a mix of both worlds, both horrid, and beautiful. However bringing the beauty out in this wretched color takes a quick step on your part, otherwise you will be left feeling ripped off and disappointed in your purchase.

Before getting into that though, let's go over the color.

Baby Cakes
Now on the shelf this one stuck out the most, for reasons from my past. When I was a kid, my older sister and I used to fight over this hot pink nail polish, it was so pretty that we managed to use the bottle up in less than a month. That was back in the 80's.

When I saw Jesse's Girl, Baby Cakes, it reminded me of that exact color we fought over, a high beam, potent, in your face neon pink!!!! Whoot!!! Whoot!!! The 80's are back, and neon's were all the rage.

On The Nail:

This was when the puke fest began, the horrid drab scuzzy color that was delivered broke my retro heart to pieces. It did not dry in a gorgeous high beam neon color that the bottle suggested it would. In fact it looked like what my fingernails would look like had I rubbed a neon pink highlighter marker on them. I know, because I used to do that too when I was a kid, and the result was always gross... trendy...but gross.

Baby Cakes basically dries without an ounce of shine. The result is dull, drab lackluster nails, that look to have a textured finish more like old suede than hot pink glossiness of nail polish.

I prayed that running a top coat of clear polish over these horrid looking, dull specimens, would bring the color to life. So I did just that.
Thankfully the clear top coat brought the nail color to life, completely drenching the dull dry to the bone color with new flesh and life.

Overall:

Jesse's Girl Baby Cakes is awful when you apply it with nothing else. In order to bring it to life, and make it look presentable you must apply a clear top coat. With that said, I would buy this color again, just because it does look like what it is supposed to look like, hot pink, but that result only will occur after applying that clear topcoat.

No comments:

Post a Comment