Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sorbet for the Body? Find Out All About Juicy Couture Love G & P Body Sorbet, In This Review

I normally do not go out of my way to by a perfume inspired body lotion, or cream, but every now and again someone will give me one for a birthday, or holiday and I am grateful for the freebie.


This was basically how I got hold of Juicy Couture Love G & P Body Sorbet.

The bottle when handed off to me looked sort of generic and cheap, a plain plastic bottle with a sticker slapped to it, in hopes to give off a retro glamorous vibe. For me though it just looked cheap.

Looking closer, I was able to see that this bottle of lotion was not cheap, in fact it was made by Juicy Couture, and instead of being called a lotion or body ream, they slapped on a fancier title, 'Sorbet'.

Scent:

I tested the 'sorbet' right then and there to see what it gave off as far as fragrance goes, and to see what sort of benefits it would offer my skin.

The scent impressed me immediately, and I was pretty shocked that my gal pal did not want to keep it. It turned out she had another full sized bottle of it, and was so in love with it, that she went out and bought it specifically for me and couldn't wait another month to give it to me for my birthday. I was glad for the early gift, because this 'sorbet' smelled absolutely divine.

Juicy Couture Love G & P Body Sorbet gives off a gorgeous potent gardenia florals that seriously wrap itself around you, as if you are standing in a garden of fresh gardenia. Once that note begins to set in, I was then able to smell more notes hitting me one after another and each wave of new fragrance was as delicious as the last.

After gardenia settles, I was picking up notes of dewy rose, creamy vanilla, citrus, and woody notes which settles in last.

It's an odd fragrance when you think about it, because it is hard to pin point what your base, or overall scent actually is, with notes of florals, fruits, and woods all mixing in as one. It;s quite unique to say the least.

As the scent begins to fade though there is one final note I was smelling above an beyond all others, and that was the dewy rose fragrance that was both sweet, and musky.

Last:

The scent is sort of short lived though, and overall I got an hour of scent before notes were no longer detected. It's so delicious though, and makes the skin feel so good that I carry this bottle around with me,

and touch up my hands and arms throughout the day.

The lotion itself does not moisturize too much, but it does temporarily soften the skin, leaving behind no residue or greasy textures, so this is a plus.

Overall:

Juicy Couture Love G & P Body Sorbet packs a beautiful and unique scent into its bottle. The scent is sort of short lived, and the lotion itself is not the best moisturizer on the market, however it smells so good that it easily became my go to bottle of lotion when I am on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment