Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hey, Can You Really Get Blonde Locks in 10 Minutes Using, L'Oreal Paris Excellence To-Go 10-Minute Crème Coloring, Light Natural Blonde, 9?

For a few months now I have been attempting to slowly turn my black hair into a lighter brown, with blond highlights. No matter what I use, or do, the base color still remains too dark, and even using bleaching kits

proved to be useless as all it would do was turn my hair a reddish color.

2 weeks ago I finally was able to lighten my dark locks to a lighter brown, still dark, but well enough for when I decided to add some highlights.

Finally I had my hair at a nice color, with good highlights. This week though I decided to try and lighten my hair as a whole, hoping the brown base would go lighter, and the blond highlights even lighter than what they were. I went with L'Oreal Paris Excellence To-Go 10-Minute Crème Coloring, Light Natural Blonde, 9.

My plan was to use the entire bottle of lightening dye on my entire head and wait it out for 10 minutes, as advertised to see if everything lightened up.

In The Box:

You get a decent sized tube of after conditioner, your mixing bottle containing your clear liquid, and another container of liquid to pour into that tube. Inside the box you also have a pair of gloves.

My first disappointing encounter was with how little of the dye I was actually getting. I have back length thick hair, and when mixing the dye, not even half the bottle filled up with formula.

I needed 2 kits, but had to work with what I had at the time, so with this small amount of formula I focused primarily on the outer layer of hair.

10 Minutes, Any Difference?

Sorry no. Nothing. My hair color looked exactly the same.

After letting the formula sit in for 20 minutes instead, I decided to finally just wash it out.

Results

Yes, there were results once I was out of the shower, and drying my hair. I noticed the base color had lightened up by perhaps 1 hue, and the blond streaks I already had, were also a little bit lighter. Sadly though the difference was ever so subtle and not the light light color I was looking for.

Overall:

L'Oreal Paris Excellence To-Go 10-Minute Crème Coloring, Light Natural Blonde, 9 does work, but if you have a darker shade of light brown, do not expect your hair to just transform into the color you see on the box, or even on the boxes sample previews of what your hair should look like.

Luckily though, there were no hues or tints of red in my hair, which was a major plus.

The downside is that even after 2 showers, I could still smell the harsh chemical formula in my hair. Thankfully though it never turned my hair dry, dull or lackluster. I believe the excellent conditioner vie they include is what keeps the hair healthy, shiny and full of life. I wish they would just sell the conditioner now.

No comments:

Post a Comment